Cover for The Poems of Robin R Rabii

The First Ten Feedback for The Poems of Robin R Rabii: Insights that Nurture Connection

Because The Poems of Robin R Rabii was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable. This is because we only poll about 20 or so readers, and all readers have to say "no" to almost all books. Over a million books are published each year. Even a very active reader cannot come close to even reading 1% of books out there.

This is also why publishing books is such a tough industry.

gali

I probably wouldn't have sampled the book on my own, as I don't read the genre. The cover is lovely I have to say. I found the blurb too long and it didn't appeal to me. The sample opened with a preface, acknowledgments, and introduction, which I found rather tedious to read. The sample ended after a long-winded introduction, without giving a taste of the poems themselves. luckily, the official review shed some light on that. I won't read the book, as poems aren't really my cup of tea.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 10:14 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

micoleon13

The cover page is a beautiful picture that certainly catches the eye and makes you want to look at it in more detail. However, I do not read much poetry so it would be very unlikely that I would get past the cover page.
After reading the sample, there was a very long preface and then it was followed by an introduction before even getting to the poems. As commented in the Offical OnlineBookClub Review, the length of these two may deter a lot of people from persevering to continue with reading the poetry. This is very true and I found my attention wandering very early on.
In spite of the long winded preface, I did like the phrase "now that my house has burned down, I can see the beauty of the sunset" used to see past the suffering to the positives. There were no grammatical or spelling mistakes that I could see and it appears to be well edited.
I would not continue reading this book, mainly because poetry doesn't interest me that much. An improvement could be to shorten the preface or to combine it with the introduction to let the reader get to the poems sooner.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 10:15 am by micoleon13.

James Craft

I am always willing to give poetry a shot since it is something I enjoy, and the cover of this book is very eye-catching and looks beautiful. The opening seems clean and I think I'll give it a shot but the fact that it got a 3 out of 4 from OBC is a knock against it. Still, it is something I enjoy and these poems seem to be something I might like so I will give it a chance.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 11:10 am by James Craft.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

va2016

This looks like a fantastic book from my sample reading. A book that's written honestly from the heart, in very simple language to touch the hearts of many people - irrespective of what they believe in today. An invitation to have an open mind, an invitation to open up - is the best gift that one can give the world, especially the current world. I am going to read this book at my leisure, and sure, I got this in my list. Thanks.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 11:36 am by va2016.

ananya92

This book features a short collection of poems reflecting on human relationships, and more specifically how human beings connect with each other and the crises humanity is facing today. I have to agree with the reviewer that in a short span of pages the author devotes unnecessary space to the long-winded preface and introduction. In fact, so much so that the sample hardly contained the main content i.e. poetry. The book seems to be edited properly. The description of the book, like the book itself, was too long and slightly boring as well. The review on the other hand was spot-on about the pros and cons in the book. The poetry was explicit, if a such a term can be used to describe poems, and as such did not hold any appeal for me. Therefore, I think I won't be perusing this one.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 11:42 am by ananya92.

Scerakor

If it weren't for the first ten program and based on the cover/blurb/review along, I probably would not have given this book a chance. I'm not a reader of poetry usually so this wouldn't have fit into my normal TBR list. After reading the first ten pages, unfortunately, I am not swayed. Although I could tell from the sample material available that the author is a very good writer and likely writes beautiful poetry, this is not enough to get me to delve into a genre for which I have little interest. I will not be buying and reading the rest of this book. It seemed very well edited as well as written. The official OBC review did not affect my decision at all.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 1:42 pm by Scerakor.

ZenaLei7

The cover of the book looks interesting and it is interesting enough for me to look through the book. However, I usually don't read poetry so I'll pass on finishing this book. I didn't notice any major grammatical errors either.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 2:04 pm by ZenaLei7.

Sarah_Khan

The cover art of this book is intriguing and unique. The title could use some help. After reading the online book club review I was a little hesitant to start reading the book. After reading the first few pages, I can say that this book is very well-written and professionally edited. Unfortunately, due to the content mentioned in the review, I will not be purchasing this novel.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 3:04 pm by Sarah_Khan.

Vermont Reviews

I enjoyed reading the preview to The Poems of Robin R. Rabii by Robin R. Rabii. Two of the lines that I really liked from the preview.
"When the mind is narrow or closed and remains that way, its owner will find it very difficult to see that it is closed off from all that life has to offer. Only a mind that is truly open can experience the impossible." At this time I will not be downloading the book. I would have purchased the book based on the preview that I did read.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 3:25 pm by Vermont Reviews.

classicaltwist

I would not read this book based on my first impression. I loved the cover. The art is just beautiful. I didn't care for the blurb. To be blunt, it came off as a bit pretentious. If I was just casually browsing, I would move on and not sample it. For poetry, I think snippets from actual poems in the book are the most effective.

Reading the sample did not change my mind. It does seem to be professionally edited, but the preface was wordy and hard to get through. Like the blurb, it came off as pretentious. Also, the sample ends right after the introduction, so absolutely no poetry is in the sample. Ideally, the sample should have one or two poems. I can't imagine anyone buying based off of the sample, because it gives them no idea of what the author's poems are like. The book does have an official OnlineBookClub review and in this case it did not sway my opinion.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 3:30 pm by classicaltwist.

CrescentMoon

I'm honestly not a fan of poetry at all so this book isn't for me. But I think this would be a good read for students in English or poetry class. The author captures a lot of important themes and messages in the poems.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 5:06 pm by CrescentMoon.

dhomespot

I would not buy this book based on the sample that I was able to read. The reason for this is that I was not able to read any of the poems because the Preface, Introduction, and Acknowledgements took up all of the space. I lost interest in the book because of this. The Official review almost made me want to purchase the book, but I think I will have to pass this time. The book looks to be professionally edited based on what I could tell. I would recommend cutting back on some of the introduction material so that the reader can enjoy the actual product.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 5:18 pm by dhomespot.

Gravy

I wouldn't have looked at this book. I am intrigued by it. Sadly, there was no poetry included in the first ten. I really wanted there to be. I was interested enough with what I knew of this to go looking for some, but can't say that the first ten would convince me to read this. That being said, what I found from searching was very nice, and, while I'm not 100% sure I will read this, I am interested enough to make note of it.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 8:17 pm by Gravy.

Jaime Lync

The book cover attracted me. The preface repelled me. I read 10 pages of a long winded preface that implored me to give up my belief system and embrace an open minded lifestyle. The preface did not end in those very long redundant pages and according to the official OBC review there is an equally long winded introduction after the preface before I get to the poetry. I only endured reading this book sample because of The First Ten program.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 8:50 pm by Jaime Lync.

klbradley

I'll be the first to admit, I am not a fan of poems, so the title of this one has already thrown me off a bit from seeing that it just might not be something I would enjoy. Although the poems included are said to be an insightful expression of the author, it's not something that has grasped my attention right away. I am definiely a "first impression" type of reader, so this one is probably not for me.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 11:04 pm by klbradley.

Kitkat3

The title is simple, and I love the cover. The blurb is a little lengthy but made me interested. This book has good reviews, and the OnlineBookClub review praises the book but says that some poems lost focus. After reading the first ten pages, I will be reading the rest of the book. It is professionally edited.

First Ten review added on June 1, 2017, at 11:30 pm by Kitkat3.

CataclysmicKnight

I love poetry, and I'm always up for checking out a new author. I was really disappointed when I saw that the sample held no poetry at all, but the writing in the preface definitely hints at a very skilled poet. The words flow like a poem regardless! However, without the book being free or any actual samples of poetry I don't see buying and reading it all.

First Ten review added on June 2, 2017, at 1:07 am by CataclysmicKnight.

Christina O Phillips

The title did not capture my attention. Maybe if the author's name were more familiar to me it would have. I was disappointed that I did not get to sample any of the poems. The preview was only the preface and introduction which were not as interesting to me and read like essays. I wish I could have read a poem or two in the sample, but the introduction did not interest me enough to keep reading.

First Ten review added on June 2, 2017, at 9:32 am by Christina O Phillips.

Miche Sora

This isn't a book I'd pick up from the title or genre, since I don't read poetry of anyone I don't know. However, after reading the sample, I'm intrigued by the author's view of how to open one's mind and what happens when you do. I've recently experienced something very similar (the coincidences the author talks about!), so hopefully the rest of the book will continue to be as enlightening as the first pages.

First Ten review added on June 2, 2017, at 5:24 pm by Miche Sora.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample, I would not have read the book. The cover is nice but it does not seem like my type of book. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind. The preface was casual and I liked the writing style, but it was short and I did not get to see a glimpse of the poetry style. The official review did not affect my decision.

First Ten review added on June 2, 2017, at 6:25 pm by psychopathycathy.

Kdonegan91

By the cover art alone, I was intrigued my this book. However, the title pushed me away. I do not enjoy the writing style of poetry. After reading the sample, my mind was not changed. I simply do not find poetry interesting. I will not be purchasing this book.

First Ten review added on June 2, 2017, at 6:45 pm by Kdonegan91.

Shelle

The cover art of this poetry book is so beautiful and it made me excited to sample the inside. Unfortunately, the only part of the book available for sample was the prologue and notes from the author. There wasn't any actual poetry that I could sample and reflect on. I simple have no idea if the poetry and style would resonate with me so I will not purchase the book.

First Ten review added on June 2, 2017, at 6:54 pm by Shelle.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I would not have read it. I usually read romance books. Having read the sample, my opinion remains. The preface and introduction are rather long, and the sample could not provide a glimpse at the actual poems. The book has a favorable onlinebookclub review. From the preface and introduction, it seems professionally edited. Since I could not read the actual poems, my opinion remains unchanged and I will not be purchasing the book.

First Ten review added on June 2, 2017, at 9:41 pm by AA1495.

Amagine

The poems in the book were very meaningful and had a lot of depth to them. The cover image isn't really appealing to me. Besides that, this book would be a wonderful addition to a poetry lover's collection.

First Ten review added on June 2, 2017, at 10:46 pm by Amagine.

bookowlie

The cover artwork is unique and eye-catching, although it didn't give me a sense of the poem's themes. Thesummary blurb and sample pages appear to be be free of technical errors. That being said, I found both the summary and beginning pages to be long-winded and densely written. As a result, I am not interested in reading the rest of the book.

First Ten review added on June 2, 2017, at 11:34 pm by bookowlie.

jungkookblog

I don't think I will be reading this book because I am not really a fan of poems. I will not be reading this book becuase the first ten pages had really hard vocabulary and it was difficult for me to understand. It seems professionally edited. I did not see a review, and I don't think that would affect my decision.

First Ten review added on June 3, 2017, at 12:43 am by jungkookblog.

CarrieMe

Based on the cover, blurb, and reviews, I would not have read this book. I rarely read books of poetry from writers I've never heard of, so I'd be unlikely to pick it up. Furthermore, the cover seems a little odd and much of the blurb didn't make any sense to me. I think it would be more effective for the blurb to contain at least a sample of one of the poems so readers who're not familiar with the writer can get an idea of what the poetry is like.

After reading the sample, I do not plan to buy or read this book. There was nothing wrong with the preface or introduction, but the topics the author was talking about don't really interest me. However, the bigger problem for me is that even in the sample, the reader still doesn't get a single snippet of the poetry in the book. There is no chance that I will pay for a book of poetry if I can't get even the smallest taste of what it'll be like beforehand.

First Ten review added on June 3, 2017, at 2:10 am by CarrieMe.

anneloretrujillo

I would have sampled this book based on the genre, blurb and OBC review. I tend to like poetry, and I liked that connection seemed to be a theme in the book. After reading the sample, I won't be buying this book. There was not a single poem in the sample which was really disappointing. I don't know if I'd actually like the style because I didn't get to read them. The introduction did seem to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on June 3, 2017, at 2:39 am by anneloretrujillo.

Cjgarland89

At first glance I wasn't interested in reading this book. I'm not big into poetry and the cover isn't appealing. After sampling my opinion hasn't changed. The poems weren't my style. There weren't any errors in the sampling.

First Ten review added on June 3, 2017, at 4:33 am by Cjgarland89.

hsimone

The cover looks like interesting, but in general I do not read much poetry. I typically have a difficult time in understanding the content. Even with the positive reviews, I would not have sampled this read without this program. Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. While reading the Preface, I felt it was too long and takes away from any desire to read this book. However, because it is part of the Blogger Review Program, I will buy and read this read.

First Ten review added on June 3, 2017, at 7:00 am by hsimone.

MarisaRose

I'm not a big fan of poetry in general. I usually have a hard time understand poems. That alone would keep me from purchasing this book prior to sampling it for this program. Unfortunately the sample includes the author's preface and acknowledgements only. Not actual poems are included in the sample. That alone prevents me from wanting to purchase the book. I would have liked to get a feel for the author's style and tone. Additionally, the OBC reviewer didn't think all the poems in the collection were equally successful, leading me to be more hesitant to by the book. I did not notice any grammatical errors in the preface/acknowledgements section.

First Ten review added on June 3, 2017, at 7:28 am by MarisaRose.

Total ~ 16%

The Poems of Robin R Rabii earned a score of 16%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 16% plan to read the whole book.

IMPORTANT: Any score over 10% is considered very good. And any score above 0% is acceptable.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

Go to main Bookshelves page for The Poems of Robin R Rabii