Review by alimziwa -- My Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
alimziwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alimziwa.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Review by alimziwa -- My Trip to Adele

Post by alimziwa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The title of the romantic novel unique,fascinating,which makes the reader to read deep and find the mystery ,theme and lyrics,my trip to Adele.The other thing l realise from the script is that the book has been translated from the arabic original script to english ,ofcource the lyrics ,tone ,rythem changes towards the reader.Because some of arabic words doesn't have literally the same as in english,thus loosing the lyrics .

The main characters of the short romantic novel are Nadia,Yaser,Malika Elias and Kanza.And each couples has different romantic trials and adventures as we proceed on will realise how difficult it has been to each couples.Especially Nadia she has been through a tough relationship with the husband and relatives ,for instance Yaser's uncle.The author also wanted to expose the cultures and traditions of the arabs,the way of life,food,there towns and western towns.The behaviours of the arabs on specific days like fridays,the foods etc.

The novel has some arabic words which are explained the meaning thus affecting the lyrics usage of "shawafa" and "kanza malawi",most of these foreign words should have meanings in brackets.
Interesting is that the polygamous arabic culture has been mentioned,which has been a setback towards Nadia.On page 41,the author mentioned on God whereas on other pages he does the same with Allah ,makes hard for the reader to grasp.

The characer of Malika ,from a poor family,her mum ill needs attention hence forcing her to practice prostitution in order to survive,in society it does happens.The author deeply mentioned the lovily scenes between Malika and Elias.The romantic strolls on the mountain ,actually really went well.l would rather wish if the author could not have involved the characters of child prostitution and pedophile,it unethical.

The assimilation of the western ideology ,giving women independent and right to make decisions,travelling with whom they want,total choice.Which is different with the male dominated arabic culture.

The author also by mentioning the Nadia's characters of Godly belief,which doesnt give the reader the choice "Allah had blessed this generations with knowledge and enlightment allowing them to explore the magnificence of the universe".

I would recommend the author to be neutral,giving the reader choice to believe or not,we have etheist society as well.The fommatting of the sentences leaving gaps,and many pages blank.The letter to Elias should have opening invited commas and closing invited commas.

I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars.
The book had so many blank pages,and the characters of child prostitution and pedophile should be changed.l recommend the book,its mature and relevant.

My Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like alimziwa's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”