Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 3.4 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on October 15, 2016, at 6:25 pm by klbradley.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

My Trip to Adele

by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

The First Ten

Because My Trip to Adele was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

gali

I probably wouldn't have sampled the book without the program as the premise didn't hook me. The favorable official review made me take a second look at this book though.The book started well enough, with Elias and the fortune teller, but it didn't really draw me in. I found the changing of POV a bit confusing. It was much better if the names of the narrators were referred to at beginning of each chapter in addition to the locations. I got the book since it was free, but I won't read it at this time as it failed to hold my interest.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 10:26 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Sarah_Khan

At first glance, the cover and title immediately caught my attention because they are both unique.
After reading the first ten pages, I can say that this book is well-written and well-edited. Although the plot seems original because of its connection to Adele, there is nothing else that makes me think this novel will be different from other books in the same genre, therefore I do not intend to read the rest.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 12:00 pm by Sarah_Khan.

jamesabr

Without a doubt, I will definitely finish this book eventually. The first ten pages were a quick but profoundly interesting read for me. The events flowed, the setting and characters are realistically portrayed so far. the exposition was easy to catch but not forced. Elias's story seems like a good start to the novel. I can glean from the indirect and direct exposition that he ended a relationship with Kanza Malawi, a woman who still seems dear enough to him for him to be bothered so much by the fortuneteller's reading. His reaction to the reading is my favorite part so far, because his reaction is later connected to the street performer's singing. From what I read, there were no typos or grammatical errors. I don't know of any ways the first ten pages can be improved so far.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 12:24 pm by jamesabr.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

CrescentMoon

I think the title is perfect for this book as it is about people wanting to see Adele. I don't think this book is for me though. The genre is not really my cup of tea. After reading the first ten pages, I do think the story idea is interesting about 3 lives who are interconnected mainly because of the common goal to see Adele. But I'm not the target audience for this.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 1:06 pm by CrescentMoon.

Vermont Reviews

After reading the preview of today's book of the day along with the reviews, I had to download the book to read the rest of the story. A book about relationships one that never is over until it is over. I have added this one to my 2017 reading list. It is well written and I know that I will enjoy reading it.
I will be downloading the book.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 2:17 pm by Vermont Reviews.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I don't know if I would have read it. While the plot sounds interesting, I generally read romance and humor genres. Having read the sample, I liked how the character's thoughts and feelings were described. The language used was effective and easy to follow. However, I would have liked to know the characters' personalities and backgrounds better. The book seems to be professionally edited. It has a favorable Onlinebookclub review. The OBC reviewer said that she could connect with one of the main characters and liked the quotes from Adele's songs. Hence, I think I will read this book further.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 5:26 pm by AA1495.

bookowlie

I love the quirky cover picture, but the author's name virtually disappears into the picture. The summary blurb is well-written and I was able to get a good flavor of the plot and characters. I became quickly absorbed in the story from the first page. The author has a nice, flowing writing style and I also liked the inclusion of Adele's song lyrics in each chapter. Based on the sample, I am interesting in reading the rest of the book.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 8:54 pm by bookowlie.

Kdonegan91

After reading the OBC review, I was excited to start reading this book. The cover and title probably would not have caught my attention if this book wouldn't have been chosen as the Book of the Day. After reading the first ten pages, I was disappointed. I found it hard to finish and it did not hold my interest. Even though it seemed professionally editied, it just did not flow well for me.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 11:57 pm by Kdonegan91.

chocomeiske

I have no idea what genre this is but after reading the description, it is not something I am interested in reading.
The first ten pages were interesting enough. I especially liked the first chapter with its element of the the supernatural.
I didn't encounter any obvious editing issues within these first ten pages.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 5:38 am by chocomeiske.

Gravy

I'm just not impressed with the storyline. This type of story doesn't normally interest me anyway, but this one puts me off.
The way the songs are worked in feels false and inorganic, which makes it seem like a ploy instead of a valid premise.
Perhaps this is just my personal opinion. I doubt I would ever like something written this way, so I'm going to assume it is simply me, and I won't be reading this due to preference.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 5:56 am by Gravy.

L_Therese

I enjoy Adele's music, but I don't think of it as life changing. This made me a little wary of this book, since it seemed like the characters would. Also, the CD image on the cover looked a little creepy - like when a doll is pictured on a book's cover [shivers]. When I read the first ten pages, the book seemed fairly well written. No obvious errors led me to believe it had been professionally edited. However, the writing was very straightforward and got right into it. The lyrics that closed the first chapter fit so exactly that there was no moment of surprise or poetic awe. As a whole, it was okay but not great, so I won't be planning to finish the book- at least not today.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 8:42 am by L_Therese.

Rachel1019

Based on the title and the cover, it is obvious that the story is about someone going to see Adele, presumably at a concert. After reading the review I found out that it is not an autobiography, which I had expected, and was rather about three different fictional characters and their life struggles. I feel like this is a unique way for the authors to discuss three different kinds of characters who all have separate struggles and still make the plot of the story seamless. I do not normally read pure fiction novels. I prefer to read about happy stories, rather than about people's struggles and their attempts to overcome them. I know a lot of people love those kinds of stories and this would be great for those people. I will not read it though.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 10:09 am by Rachel1019.

Momlovesbooks

The title and cover caught my attention. After reading the review from the OBC, I knew I wanted to read this book. I like Adele and thought it was a nice touch to add lines from her songs throughout. I read the first few pages and didn't see any noticeable grammer mistakes. The idea of using Adele to touch several different characters' lives is interesting. I plan on reading this book.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 12:41 pm by Momlovesbooks.

MarisaRose

"My Trip To Adele" is not a book I would typically consider reading. Although the premise sounds different, I've never read a book quite like this and was not really sure what to expect. After sampling the first ten pages, I enjoyed the writing style and am intrigued by the story idea. However, I was a little confused and not really sure what was going on. I don't think the beginning of the book really grabbed me. Although, I can see why others would be interested in this story; I don't think I will continue reading it as I am not a huge Adele fan and I am still confused by the premise of this book. I did read the official OBC review for this book and the rave review tempted me to take a closer look at this book. I did not note any critical errors in the portion I sampled; the book appears to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 5:18 pm by MarisaRose.

hsimone

Though I enjoy some of Adele's music, I'm not that big of a fan that I would read a book like this. Therefore, I would not have sampled this book on my own. Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. I like the writing flow that the author provides. After reading, I find myself not compelled enough to give this book a full read. Though I'm sure it's a lovely story, since the OBC reviewer enjoyed it, for now I will pass on reading this one.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 5:47 pm by hsimone.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample, I would not have read the book. Although I love the cover art, I found the blurb only mildly interesting. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind. I really liked the scene with the palm-reader, but other than that, at times, I found the writing to be a little too straightforwards. There seemed to be a lot of "tell" instead of "show". I did not read an official review. This seemed to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 6:18 pm by psychopathycathy.

Cjgarland89

At first glance I was not at all interested in reading this book because of the assumption that it was more about Adele than it actually was. After reading the OBC review and the first ten pages I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's much deeper than I thought and a beautiful story that comes together differently than something I have normally read. Elias was easy to connect with. I would eventually love to finish reading this book, and since it was a freebie I already got it!

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 6:35 pm by Cjgarland89.

anneloretrujillo

I might have read this book based on the title and cover. The blurb and the OBC made it sound pretty interesting, especially since I myself am a huge Adele fan. I also tend to enjoy books that follow the story of multiple characters. After reading the first ten pages, I will be finishing this book. I loved that the titles of the chapters were names of Adele songs. I also enjoyed that the story follows the different characters. It made me want to read more about each character. The language used was also enjoyable. The book did seem to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 7:57 pm by anneloretrujillo.

jungkookblog

I don't think I would've read this book based on the cover and title because I would think that it's about Adele, and I'm not a fan, but I still listen to her music. I am not going to buy the whole book because reading about a story around Adele, and I'm not a fan is weird. It seems like it was professionally edited. I liked how there are different characters and people other than Adele. There could be more detail. I did not see a review, and it has affected my decision.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 10:42 pm by jungkookblog.

CataclysmicKnight

I loved the concept of a story that flows along with the lyrics of a famous musician, and so even though I've only heard the most popular Adele songs I was really interested in this one. The first main character, a man who broke up with a woman due to black magic, was really interesting, but so far the couple in therapy isn't as fascinating at all. I may finish this sometime, but I don't see doing it anytime soon.

First Ten review added on December 29, 2016, at 3:30 am by CataclysmicKnight.

truebookaddict

I definitely would have chosen to read/sample this book had it not been part of this program. I'm a big Adele fan so I was immediately drawn to it, and then after reading the blurb and the OBC review, I was convinced it was a book I wanted to read.

The book was free so I did download it and I plan to read the whole book eventually. The first ten pages (first chapter) confirmed my suspicions that I would enjoy this book.

The editing was impeccable. I did not notice typos or grammatical errors.

This is a well-written book. I liked how there was so much imagery and atmosphere in the first chapter. As I was reading, I was picturing the scene in my mind. The story of the character introduced in Chapter One is compelling. It made me invested to find out the outcome for him. Love the Adele lyrics at the end of the chapter.

This book was officially reviewed on OBC.

First Ten review added on December 29, 2016, at 4:19 am by truebookaddict.

Total ~ 33%

This book earned a score of 33%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 33% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has My Trip to Adele in their shelves?

More than 28 members have My Trip to Adele in their shelves. Log in to see the full count. If you do not already have an account, create one now. It is easy and free! You just choose a display name and password. It is that easy!

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

ilovebooks2

Want To Read Shelf

enshafer2

Want To Read Shelf

Mom14043

Want To Read Shelf

1_2_5_am

Want To Read Shelf

karatheredhead

Want To Read Shelf

Thimble

Want To Read Shelf