Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Non-Fiction Books

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Official Review: LoveYoga by Randalle Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.

Official Review: LoveYoga by Randalle Love

Post Number:#1 by MarisaRose
» 01 Nov 2017, 07:39

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "LoveYoga" by Randalle Love.]

Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Review by MarisaRose
Share This Review

LoveYoga by Randalle Love is a collection of black and white photographs and inspirational quotes. Each photograph in the collection is a full page and paired with an inspirational quote on the accompanying page. One female model is used throughout the book, and each portrait captures her in a different yoga pose. The model is nude throughout the collection; however, the images are tasteful, and no intimate portions of the body are exposed.

The photographs in this collection are striking, and each has been thoughtfully placed with a short quote. Although the same model is used throughout the collection, I found each portrait and unique yoga pose as interesting as the next. The photographer, Jessica Holt, shows real skill; the play with light in each photo really brings the model to life and makes each pose appear fluid. Further, there is almost a glow surrounding the model in each image, making the photographs all the more intriguing. Lastly, I appreciated the use of varying angles. Though most of the images are captured head on, there are a few that are taken from varying angles, adding dimension to the collection. This is a book I would love to see in print; it would make a great conversation piece.

The quotes interspersed between photographs are equally as thought provoking as the images they accompany. It is clear that the author carefully chose which quote to place with each image. Moreover, each quote is written in black font on a white page; the juxtaposition between the black background of the portraits and the stark white of each quote page was visually stimulating. Although this collection appears to be a relatively simple concept, it is clear a lot of effort went into every detail. Eleanor Roosevelt, Buddha, George Eliot, Coco Chanel and George Bernard Shaw are just some of the prolific figures whose words act as inspirational quotes in this collection.

I enjoyed almost every aspect of this book; however, I had hoped the author would include the names of the various yoga poses captured in each portrait. There are a total of 36 photos in the collection, and in each one, the model is striking a different pose. As someone who has only mildly dabbled in yoga, there were multiple poses I was unfamiliar with and curious about. Unfortunately, it took some time to figure out what those poses were called via online web searches.

This was an enjoyable book to flip through. Although it doesn’t contain many words, I found myself lingering on each page for some time, trying to soak in the images and corresponding inspirational quotes. Yoga is certainly one focus of this book; however, I think readers who enjoy art, photography and any who are looking for inspiration will find this book just as enjoyable as any yoga enthusiast would. Despite my minor reservation about the lack of names for the yoga poses portrayed, I thoroughly enjoyed thumbing through this collection. I happily rate LoveYoga 4 out of 4 stars.

LoveYoga
View: on Bookshelves

Like MarisaRose's review? Post a comment saying so!
"No two persons ever read the same book." -Edmund Wilson
MarisaRose

Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Currently Reading: Little Fires Everywhere
Bookshelf Size: 203 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 25 Books
Goal Completion: 392%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Official Review: LoveYoga by Randalle Love

Post Number:#2 by fawaz ibrahim
» 01 Nov 2017, 15:32

great book
fawaz ibrahim

Bookshelf Size: 0 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books

Post Number:#3 by Randalle Love
» 01 Nov 2017, 18:47

Thank you for the amazing review! I love how you noticed all the little details, such as how I took my time to pair the poses and quotes together in the best possible way. I appreciate your honesty and time!
Randalle Love

Post Number:#4 by kislany
» 02 Nov 2017, 04:08

What an interesting review. I'm not sure I could have pulled it off, tbh.
kislany
Member of the Month

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#5 by Keith Phillips
» 02 Nov 2017, 05:35

Awesome book!
Keith Phillips

Currently Reading:

Post Number:#6 by kandscreeley
» 02 Nov 2017, 07:25

This sounds really interesting. I love that there is a picture along with a quote. Thanks for the review.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader

Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 114 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 95%

Post Number:#7 by Mercy Bolo
» 02 Nov 2017, 09:54

Such a unique take on photography. This is one book I must check out.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye~
Mercy Bolo

Favorite Book: The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#8 by Ubheeram Nina
» 02 Nov 2017, 12:05

I actually practice yoga. I already learnt it physically and will appreciate it more in read now. I would like to thank the author Randalle Love for giving us this book.
Ubheeram Nina

Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 77 books
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 74%

Post Number:#9 by VanessaAisel
» 02 Nov 2017, 16:48

I love photography, I know nothing of yoga! This seems like a beautiful mix of both worlds! Thanks for your review!
The only escape to my pain is within the lives of storybook characters.
~Me~
VanessaAisel

Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Bookshelf Size: 20 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#10 by Kat Berg
» 03 Nov 2017, 08:44

kislany wrote:What an interesting review. I'm not sure I could have pulled it off, tbh.

I feel the same way as Kislany. I am not sure I could have pulled this off, although the book sounds beautiful, and if the cover is any indication, the quality is wonderful.
Kat Berg's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Kat Berg

Favorite Book: Raven's Peak
Currently Reading: Undead Redhead
Bookshelf Size: 178 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 10%

Post Number:#11 by Mtsweni Nelsy
» 03 Nov 2017, 14:42

I am not a yoga-person, but would love to try it some time. I am sure I would find the pictures handy when I try it. Thanks for such a great review!
Mtsweni Nelsy

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 24 Books
Goal Completion: 8%

Post Number:#12 by insights
» 12 Nov 2017, 03:28

I love photography. I am also amazed by the power of yoga. This book will surely interest me. Thanks for the detailed review.
insights

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11 books

Post Number:#13 by gwaps
» 15 Nov 2017, 00:31

Awesome

-- 15 Nov 2017, 00:32 --

I like it
gwaps