Review of Final Act

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miranda Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-alex.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Review of Final Act

Post by Miranda Alex »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Act" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

From the first to the last word, Final Act is a page-turner. Van Fleisher's Final Act is a masterwork of suspense, romance, and crime scenes. This book highlighted crimes connected to political elections while also displaying different levels of criminality that are prevalent in society. For instance, the book mentions spies from other nations, including Iran, China, and Russia. These operatives made an effort to influence the American electoral process.

The book's introduction of the characters and descriptions of their physical attributes was one of the many things I found to be quite intriguing. The characters were superbly introduced in each scene and were easy to follow. The correct words, the right timing, and the proper physical descriptions were used to introduce these people. Also simple to comprehend were the action sequences. It used well-chosen terms that were simple for readers to understand. The author skillfully crafted situations that combined delicate romanticism with serious investigative cases. The correct amount of this was done, which made reading the book enjoyable and educational.

The book discussed the drawbacks that certain scientific discoveries could have for mankind. VT2, for instance, is a medical smart watch with sophisticated capabilities that analyzes the wearer's blood, brain, degree of fear, and level of pleasure. Additionally, it may estimate the wearer's remaining life expectancy and forecast their exact death time. Despite being a brilliant creation, it was used to perpetrate crimes in the area. Another noteworthy aspect of the book was how one might protect themselves in the face of vicious attacks. As an example, Jennifer defended herself against a prospective murderer who arrived at her home with a Ruger LCR 357. She grabbed the pistol, used her mixed martial arts talents to defend herself, and finally succeeded in having him taken into custody by the police.

It was fascinating to see Alek reclaim himself after his family's passing. After his experience of sadness, he was able to gather himself and work with his buddy Vijay to help him. He achieved this by purchasing and studying criminal database information. It is good that the security authorities and the software firm VitalTech are working together to lessen crime. It is just as useful as what is seen in the real world.

Every scenario and every chapter of the book seemed to be presented in chronological order to me. Each was quite coherently followed by the next. Nothing in the book that I thought was inappropriate was off-limits to me. There was nothing about this book that was bad.

The Final Act has excellent writing and editing. This book has no mistakes that I could find. The tension was just the right amount, and the activities were well presented. I give this book a score of 5 out of 5. I am giving the book a perfect rating since there were no drawbacks. People who love thrilling crime books would find this appealing.

Final Act
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Da_JumogM
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-da-jumogm.html
Latest Review: Wired to Become by Dr. Britt Andreatta

Post by Da_JumogM »

I was intrigued by the VT2 watch talked about in this book. I think I'll be too scared to wear such a watch. But thinking positively, it could help me know when I have a serious illness and to go treat myself. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”