Official Review: An Unabridged Book of Good and Evil by XVE

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Official Review: An Unabridged Book of Good and Evil by XVE

Post by Guda Lydia »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "An Unabridged Book of Good and Evil" by XVE.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

An Unabridged Book of Good and Evil by renowned author XVE is a book of poetry that combines profound writing and abstract illustrations. Just as the title states, the poems are centered on the societal good, unpleasant, and the in-between. The themes include love, hate, mental state, societal expectations, racism, and stereotypes, among others.

The concluding part and poems of the book talk about the pressing issues faced in 2020, like racism and the Black Lives Matter movement. As you read through the lines, it is easy to feel the author’s emotions, state of mind, and energy. Additionally, the words also evoke feelings of anger, surprise, sadness, happiness, and even love in the reader. This, therefore, makes the read impactful and mind-bending.

The author uses rhyme, repetition, and wordplay in his writing, making the book captivating and engaging. The author also creatively employs comparisons, for example, comparing organs such as the brain and heart, in terms of function and emotions. The book acknowledges and refers to God as Supreme and has instances of Biblical verses and references, therefore, resonating more with those of the Christian faith who believe in God’s love and ability to forgive.

My favorite aspect of the read is the accompanying illustrations. They are vivid and in-depth, leaving one with a sense of wonder and their precise meaning and origin. The illustrations also add to the gravity and impact of the literature. Equally, the transition between the topic and the opening line of a poem is smooth, making the read quite enjoyable and gives it a rhythmic flow. The aspect I dislike is the numerous use of profanities; it is completely unnecessary and eventually becomes a nuisance. I feel the poems can still convey the intended message without being overly profane.

The book is professionally edited; I only found two grammatical and spelling errors. The language employed is intelligible and easy to understand. However, the book is more suitable for mature readers because of the strong language and some sexualized illustrations. As much as the comprehensive poems convey important messages, I feel they are too many in one book. This sheer number distracts the mind and dilutes some verses since the poems are diverse and unique. I feel the author should separate the literature into more than one book. Nevertheless, the compositions are still powerful and are sure to shift and challenge your perspective. I, therefore, give An Unabridged Book of Good and Evil a 4 out of 4 stars rating and recommend it to the poetry enthusiasts with a keen interest in societal ails.

An Unabridged Book of Good and Evil
View: on Bookshelves
Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

Seems to me like a good read. I like the author's approach to the book. Nice review
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

A book that entails the societal issues; this will be a good read.
Joan642
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: Inspirations by Colleen by Colleen Bruce

Post by Joan642 »

Am not really a fan of poetry, but I was drawn by the present pressing issues the author talked about like racism - Black Lives Matter Movement. Thanks for the insightful review.
Mr_Dark
Currently Reading: Preppers Medical Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Mr_Dark »

I'm not into books like this one. What brought me here was the title of the book. Because I am currently reading that opposes the comparison of good with evil, that's what the title of the book says.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I have just finished 2 books of the same author and by reading your review, will probably read this one too. I love it how XVE writes about up-to-date subjects to which one can relate

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”