Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Raluca Reinerth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-reinerth.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Review of Wild World

Post by Raluca Reinerth »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A historical fiction that revolves around the Vietnam war and its effects, Wild World presents, indeed, the wild world of Steve Logan. A part of the Vietnam War seems to have moved to the campus of Kent State University in Ohio, as students do not believe violence is the solution and start protesting against it. Steve wishes to be part of the change and joins the police. However, that is another place where corruption and violence thrive and thus he faces another decision: fight the system or run away.

I particularly loved the beginning of the book when Peter S. Rush introduced the main character and built chaos around him. I believe a good beginning makes the book, as the readers will want to proceed reading it further and that is exactly the effect these first few pages have had on me. The characters that bring this book to life are wonderfully built. I know so many details about them just from a short sentence - a girl that has lost her shot for the Olympics because of a bad knee or a guy married to a Senator’s daughter, so he knows people in politics and how things work.

In a book filled with crime, inserting a romantic relationship holds the key to a reader’s heart, I believe. It was quite difficult for me to get through some fragments, as violence is not my cup of tea, but the romantic moments between Roxy and Steve have shown the other side of the things that are worth fighting for. I do not have other negative points to share about this book. The action is combined with inner thoughts as well as with emotion, Peter S. Rush managing to expose an intriguing bigger picture composed of small elements that analyze in depth how violence, degradation and injustice affect people.

“Is this the start of the revolution?” Roxy asked. And I think that, in this Wild World , peace cannot be obtained through violence. The characters have had to learn this the hard way. For the way in which this major conflict has been brought to life and manufactured by the author, I give this book a 4 out of 4 rating.

I wholeheartedly recommend you to read this book if you want to explore more about the effects of war and corruption on people from a belletristic point of view, combined with one of historical relevance.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Riya Sarkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riya-sarkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Riya Sarkar »

My reading experience of this book was different than yours. I found there were numerous errors throughout the text.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”