Review by BookReader+6 -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Review by BookReader+6 -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of ...

Post by HollandBlue »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

What an adorable book by R.F. Kristi! Inca, the cat, her brother and sister, and their 'Mom', all go on a journey to Sri Lanka. They stay in a cottage on the beach. What starts out as a restful vacation soon turns into a whirlwind adventure. Shortly after arriving in Sri Lanka, the Mom reads in a newspaper that a priceless antique sword is missing from the local museum. Inca, who fancies herself as a great amateur detective, is soon on the case. She is joined by her brother and sister, and some new friends they meet down at the beach. The friends, Rani the sea turtle and Meena the baby elephant, try to help Inca solve the mystery. Inca is also joined by her old friend Terrance, the dog, who flies in from London with his master, Solo. Solo is a retired detective who picks up clues throughout the story that help the animals determine who stole the sword.

As the story progresses, the group of animals get themselves into some sticky situations. Inca and Terrance go snooping around the estate where the elephants, Meena and her mother live and encounter some suspicious characters. Later, Inca goes looking for her brother who has gone missing into the jungle and faces a snake. She exhibits fear and courage as she confronts the snake. She also meets up with a Momma leopard who she doesn't trust until she sees the kindness in the leopard's eyes.

After the eventful night in the jungle, the animals go back to figuring out the mystery. They use teamwork to solve the crime.

The entire story flows smoothly and is told from Inca's point of view. Filled with many twists and turns, it is suspenseful until the very end. At the end, there are a few surprises. An easy book to read, I would recommend this book to beginning readers, even though they may need some help figuring out the longer words. Older children should enjoy the plot, and may have a fun time figuring out who did it even though the guilty parties are fairly obvious.

Last but not least, are the wonderful illustrations. The pictures are really cute and follow the story well. All in all, I would highly recommend this book to parents and children who love animals, adventure, and mystery. I think that the book is a quick and easy read for young readers. I rank this book a 4 out of 4 stars.So sit down and get ready to read a fun story!

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BookReader+6's review? Post a comment saying so!
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

What a great review! Well-written, good job! Sounds like a really good children's book. I like how you mentioned the ages (learning to read may need help with the harder words, and older children will probably like to guess the mystery). That is really helpful. If my daughter was that age (she started college) I would get it for her. I may have to read it myself.
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

fernsmom wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 19:54 What a great review! Well-written, good job! Sounds like a really good children's book. I like how you mentioned the ages (learning to read may need help with the harder words, and older children will probably like to guess the mystery). That is really helpful. If my daughter was that age (she started college) I would get it for her. I may have to read it myself.
This was my first review, and I just love this children's mystery book! It's so cute. Thanks for stopping by!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Nice review! I also read this book and enjoyed it very much. It reminded me of the stories with teenaged detectives. And just like you said, the illustrations made the reading experience more enjoyable!
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

Shrabastee wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 02:05 Nice review! I also read this book and enjoyed it very much. It reminded me of the stories with teenaged detectives. And just like you said, the illustrations made the reading experience more enjoyable!
Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
(1466-1536)
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 976
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

This reminded me of all the mystery reads of my childhood. I like the way the author uses illustrations.

Thank you for the great review.
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

Kajori50 wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 06:28 This reminded me of all the mystery reads of my childhood. I like the way the author uses illustrations.

Thank you for the great review.
The illustrations are really well done and follow the story accurately. Thanks for commenting!
(1466-1536)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”