Review of You Are My Beloved

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Review of You Are My Beloved

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "You Are My Beloved" by Tracy Ruiz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heart loses pieces of herself from the pain and rejection she feels from other children after she takes a ride on her bike and crashes. The other kids at school make fun of her and will not play with her because her leg is in a cast. Sad and feeling left out, she eats her lunch alone. She goes home and cries. She tries to put her broken pieces back together, but she is unsuccessful. Jello, cardboard, and glue do not hold her together. Heart gathers her missing parts in a basket, but how can she heal? Does she have any hope? Read You Are My Beloved by Tracy Ruiz to find out.

This Christian children's book teaches about the love of Jesus and how he can help you heal from any situation. It stresses the love Jesus has for all of us. Tracy Ruiz does this through psalms and illustrations that a child can understand. The illustrations and book cover are professionally done and complement each other. I like the simple sentences Tracy Ruiz uses to make her points easy for a child to understand. At the end of the book, there is a list of suggestions to put in your basket.

This book has no negative aspects. I did not find any errors in the book, which tells me that it has been exceptionally well edited. There is absolutely nothing I can think of to recommend that would improve this book. It is flawless as it is.

Due to the exceptional editing and the excellent message that Tracy Ruiz provides to children, I am awarding this book 4 out of 4 stars. Nothing would justify giving this book a lower rating.

This Christian children's book is appropriate for children under seven years of age. Younger children who cannot read will enjoy looking at the colorful illustrations as the book is read to them. Due to this book's religious aspects, I believe Christians will enjoy this book more than non-Christians.

You Are My Beloved
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Beambeam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Beambeam »

Nice review. Will surely read to get answer to the asked questions. Thanks
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Sounds like a great children's story. Great review
Joseph Kamau 11
Favorite Book: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Joseph Kamau 11 »

From the review above it seems the book is a great one to read particularly for children
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I would love to know about heartache from the perspective of a child and how a child recovers from it. Thank you so much for your review!
Deaviane Cole
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Deaviane Cole »

:) From the little detail of this book,i can also imagine myself as the character in the story.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

In the bible, it was written that the prayer of a child is answered quickly by God. In book shows children the love that God has for them.
Precious Book reviewer 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Precious Book reviewer 1 »

I honestly find this book very interesting and teaches children to love and pray to God this book encouragers children to love being a Christian and going to church
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

Wow! My nephew presently has a cast on his leg which he injured while playing soccer. This is timely, I'll try to get this one for him.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

Thanks for a splendid review. I love this children's book. It seems to contain the right elements for children, and the storyline was perfectly constructed. Many children will definitely enjoy reading this. Kudos to the author for a job well done.
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Kings1999 »

Excellent Children's book, and very beneficial to young ones. I admire the effort the author put into the creation of this. I love the review BTW, it was magnificent.
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

Magnificent children's story teaching them the importance of Christ love and how it can help one heal from any hurt. I recommend this book for all the kids. Great review

Return to “Children's Books”