Review by Godspraise Precious -- Serendipity Mystery: Di...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Review by Godspraise Precious -- Serendipity Mystery: Di...

Post by Goodness C N »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever read a book that explores interesting topics regarding the relationship between humans and animals and the relationship between different critters? Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat, which was written by R.F. Kristi, illustrated by Jorge Valle, and edited by Tim Aucoin, is a perfect description of such a novel.

On the 10th of June, the human mother of the furry family consisting of Inca, Fromage, and Charlotte, disclosed that they would spend the holiday at a warm beach in Sri Lanka, as opposed to spending the holiday in the cold and uncomfortable weather of London. As expected, the animals were excited about this and would go-ahead to have an amazing time that is filled with adventures and fun. During this interesting vacation, Inca and the other creatures discovered that a valuable tool was stolen by some individuals from the museum close to them. As a detective and the leader of the detective team named "Inca and Company," Inca thought that it would be an appropriate gesture if the crew got the priceless material back to the right authorities. Will they be able to achieve this?

I loved the fact that the author introduced all members of Inca and Company while stating their specific roles. This gave me a better understanding of what they stood for. Another thing that caught my interest was the writer's use of non-literal terms. Here is an example I found on page 21, "we looked down like royalty from the back of this gracious mama elephant." Because of this, it is necessary to state that I treasure the existence of figurative languages in any book I read. I also loved the graphics present in this novel since they were beautiful and gave more meaning to certain aspects of Serendipity Mystery. In addition to this, the arrangement of everything that took place during the vacation appealed to me. This is because each adventure came with a date. Finally, the well-edited nature of this book added to my overall appreciation of it.

Apart from an error I discovered, it is hard to pinpoint any other negative thing about this book. This means that this novel was everything fascinating to me, and it was professionally edited.

Coupled with the fact that this book was professionally edited and the positive comments I've made above, it is only fair to rate Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat four out of four stars.

This book will appeal to readers, especially young children, that love topics about animals and their existence within the human sphere, and as such, I wholeheartedly recommend it to them.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I read only good things about this series. It seems educational and fun, even for me :). I enjoyed reading your lovely review, great job!
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

Awesome review!
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

:shock2:
raluca_mihaila wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 11:12 I read only good things about this series. It seems educational and fun, even for me :). I enjoyed reading your lovely review, great job!
Thanks.
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:

Post by Goodness C N »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 14:37 Awesome review!
Thanks
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:

Post by Goodness C N »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 14:37 Awesome review!
Thanks.
Excel 2021
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-2021.html
Latest Review: Trauma by Cynthia Fridsma

Post by Excel 2021 »

I think this book is cool. It's funny, it's classy and it's educative as well. And I enjoyed reading your review.
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:

Post by Goodness C N »

Excel 2021 wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 20:17 I think this book is cool. It's funny, it's classy and it's educative as well. And I enjoyed reading your review.
Thank you.
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

Although I don't really enjoy reading children's books, but what motivated
me to go through it, was that, it sounded so educative. This is awesome for individuals that desire to gain more knowledge.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

This is a good review. Well aligned and detailed. Good luck
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

I appreciate well written reviews. This is because it gives me an idea of how to structure my reviews subsequently. Thanks teaching me what a good review is. And congratulations for having your review published. R. F Kristi writes amazing books for kids.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

An adventure laced book is something I'll always find fascinating, and because the book also has graphic illustrations my interest has been piqued, awesome review!
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

Your review is exceptionally written and I enjoyed it. I am of the opinion that every book needs a review. This is an interesting children's book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”