Review by amahstone -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
amahstone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amahstone.html
Latest Review: When North Becomes South by Becky Bronson

Review by amahstone -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by amahstone »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love, Grandma, written by Ann Morris and illustrated by David Gnass, is a beautiful children’s story that is clearly a labor of love. Based on her real-life experiences with her two granddaughters, Morris has crafted a rhyming children’s book that had me smiling throughout. The book goes through different moments in the lives of her granddaughters, Payton and Haley, and the memories that she shared with them.

I loved the sincerity and the pure joy I could feel while reading through this story. It is evident that Morris enjoys spending time with her grandchildren and values the time that they share together. It reminded me of the times that I have spent with my own grandparents, and I could definitely relate to the excitement and jubilance of having your grandparents come to visit.

The only aspect of the story that I didn’t particularly care for was the rhyming. However, this is a personal preference and not something that I would fault the author for. That being said, for her first book written in a rhyming format, she did a fantastic job creating rhymes that didn’t feel too forced. It can be hard to write a rhyming story that is coherent and natural, so I give her full props for that.

I would definitely recommend this book to parents of young children who have good relationships with their grandparents and enjoy spending time with them. This book may be troubling for children with absent grandparents, so I would of course advise discretion to parents when choosing to read this book to their children.

Overall, I would give Love, Grandma a 4 out of 4 rating. It is well-edited and does not contain any objective errors. The combination of Ann Morris’ writing and David Gnass’s illustrations has created a fantastic story. There are no instances of profanity or sexual content. I think that this would be an excellent book to read aloud to your children.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
-Amanda

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”