Review by Laurina_Olowo -- The Mountain and The Goat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laurina Michael Olowoniran
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Review by Laurina_Olowo -- The Mountain and The Goat

Post by Laurina Michael Olowoniran »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mountain and The Goat" by Siamak Taghaddos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This pandemic has taught the world how to do a lot of things differently and that includes working and wealth creation. The normal ways of making money is not the norm anymore. I'm certain that some parents may be finding it difficult to teach their children the basics of making money in this present times. In The Mountain and The Goat, Siamak Taghaddos has done a marvelous job in telling a simple story that can help parents teach thier children lessons on wealth creation.

I desire to build a tree house, I do not have planks neither do I have nails to make my desire come to fruition. I got to the mountain in my search for a way to make my dream a reality. I met a goat on the mountain who gave me bread and water with this advise "You're in luck! Here's some water. Here's some bread. Do as you wish, but plan ahead!" How is this supposed to get me my tree house?

This amazing book was written to teach children about entrepreneurship and resourcefulness and I think it did in a great way. The illustrations in the book are beautiful and will engage children.

What I like about this book is that it contains a lot of lessons for children. They would learn how to be goal-oriented and be intentional about achieving thier goals. They would also learn to plan ahead, look out for opportunities, think before they act and most importantly, understand that there's a price for everything. If you want success, then be ready to pay the price for it.

I also think that parents would have to read this book with thier children so that the lessons in the book can be explained. Younger children may not be able to decode the vital lessons on thier own.

I would rate The Mountain and The Goat four out of four stars because I enjoyed the book and there are great lessons for children to learn. I found no typographical errors and no grammatical errors. There were no profanities or sexual scenes. So, I recommend this book to children from age five and parents who are looking for ways to teach their kids lessons on resourcefulness and entrepreneurship.

The Mountain and The Goat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”