Review by Parul1+ -- Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Parul1+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parul1.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Review by Parul1+ -- Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Parul1+ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is truly stated, "Great powers come with great responsibilities." Opaque (Scion Saga book one), written by Calix Leigh-Reign, is one of those books that supports this statement. The book is published by Cayélle publishing: Surge Imprint c/o Cayélle Corporation in 2016.

The story is about 16 years old boy Adam Caspian. He is obsessed with his mother, hates his father, has kidnapped and later accidentally killed an innocent girl, doesn't get along with other people and has other teenage issues. In other words, he is a psychopath. He also thinks of himself as a monster. But one day, he meets a girl, Carly Wit. He falls in love with her. She changed his life and his perspective about himself. Soon, he finds out that he is not a normal teenager but is the last descendant of a rarely genetically mutated human beings. He gets to know more about these mutated people. There are seven families (or seven bloodlines) whose genes are mutated and these people possess some supernatural powers. All the people of his (Adam's) bloodline are captured for research purpose and later executed by a group of scientists who called themselves Iksha. Now he has to choose whether he wanted to live his life like a normal human or will he take a stand to protect his people. One decision can change his entire life. What will he choose?

The story is very interesting. It is a page-turner and keeps the readers hooked throughout the book. The characters and their development are great. The writing style is also good. Though in the first few pages, the vocabulary used is a little difficult for an average English user. Still, readers will not face any problem in understanding the gist of the story. It looks like the author is professional. I also like the design of the book. The publisher has also done great work.

There is nothing that I don't like about this book. But the book contains some mild erotic content. So, I will not recommend this book for growing kids. The readers who are interested in reading fantasy or supernatural stuff would definitely like this book. Young adults may find this book interesting.

This is one of those books I wanted to read again. I am looking forward to reading more such books from this author. The book is free of any error and looks edited by someone professional. I would give this book a 4 out of 4 stars.

Opaque
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
[Danielle]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

I often really enjoy young adult novels and this one has some aspects that make it seem a little more mature, so this could be a good quick read for me! Thanks for the review, I'll have to check this book out!
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”