Review by shivani kumari -- Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shivani kumari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivani-kumari.html
Latest Review: The Kings' Assassin by Ed Cannon

Review by shivani kumari -- Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by shivani kumari »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Island Games" by Caleb J. Boyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Always dreamt of going to some exotic location with your bestfriend? What if you found yourself in the middle of a deserted island with no human other than your bestfriend present there? And to add to the troubles, what if you realised that you have no memory as to how you got there or why you are there? Is this the kind of getaway you planned with your bestfriend? In Caleb J. Boyer's ISLAND GAMES: Mystery Of The Four Quadrants the thrilling and gut-wrenching adventures of two bestfriends has been narrated.

Matthew and Ryan wake up in the middle of a deserted island with no resources to survive except their clothes. They are unable to recall how they got to that island because they have lost their memories. Inspite of the tough weather conditions, they are determined to find an escape route. They have no source of help and support. They must have each others back in order to survive until they make their way out of the island.

Eventually they find an old water vessel but in order to get to the vessel, they will have to face a shark which is the first of the many challenges they face throughout the story. In due course, we learn that they have been set up in the island by someone and they are made to face several challenges on overcoming each they were given food and water.

Who set them up in the island? Will they ever get out from the island or will they fail to overcome the challenges?

The writer has done a brilliant job in crafting such a brilliant plot. The plot is full of surprises. Though this kind of stories are not rare, the writer manages to convince the readers to stay glued to the book. The thing that attracted me the most are the characters of Matthew and Ryan. They are very determined to find their way out and are focused on their goal. Throughout the story we see that their bonding grows stronger.

In my opinion i would say that the story plot and the characters both compliment each other. Had the characters not been so well built, the story would lose its charm. And also the story is perfect for the characters because if the story was not so well structured and well presented, the characters would prove to be too good for the story. I'll rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

The writer has a lot of life lessons stored in the book for the young readers. We learn the importance of teamwork and friendship through this beautiful book of survival. This shows that the writer always had the target audience in mind while writing this book.

As we go further into the book we see that the level of suspense continues to go higher and that prevented me from keeping the book down. There were no loopholes in the book.

I didn't find any error in the book. This book is perfect for young adults and matured teenagers. Adults who love reading survival stories should definitely read this book.

Island Games
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like shivani kumari's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jlbaird85
Currently Reading: Lift you up
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlbaird85.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Jlbaird85 »

This sounds a like a great adventure book! I'm interested to see how the young men work together to survive! I will have to read this and recommend it to my nephews! Thanks for the great review!
All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts

Shakespeare-As You Like It Act II, Scene VII
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

This sounds like a great adventure - I would love to read about how they manage on the island! Thanks for the engaging review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”