Review by M-K debz -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
M-K debz
Currently Reading: Heartaches
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-k-debz.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Review by M-K debz -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by M-K debz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 2" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The story continues from the first series and opens up with an insight into Rafe’s and Anna’s broken minds after being raped and sexually assaulted they still find the strength to fight their inner demons and build love for each other, even as they face ghost from their past who still try to tear them apart .

When I first started reading this book, I was expecting the regular romantic setting where a girl captures the heart of a boy, but was sorely mistaken, the characters captured me with the strength they both possessed after being broken several times by people who they thought they could trust.

I love how the writer was able to portray each of their emotions well described and not making one look weaker than the other, making them both to be able to be strong together. Their emotions were described in a way that made me feel like I was present in every scene making me much invested in the outcome.

Anna and Rafe had to stand up for themselves not only relying on each other’s strength to face those who have assaulted them and move on with life, with the Preston’s coming back to gain control over Anna and the revelation that Rafe who was the love of her life and strength is blood related to the people who sexually abused her adds a another twist to the story making it more intriguing.

I had to put the book down for some Days to remind me it was only a story to separate my emotions from what Anna and Rafe were going through , especially the emotional turmoil when Matt confronted Anna , making her mind guess herself if she really enjoyed being sexually abused and wanted it to continue. Pat was my best character and how his love life turned out, having to open up to his family who was trying to set him up with the sister of whom he had a huge secret crush on for years and the unexpected outcome. The beginning was a bit off for me because of the description of how tormented Rafe was and portrayed him as a lost soul. I really didn't like that part of the story.

Heartaches: Bad Boy vibes was really captivating and well written; I didn’t come across any errors in terms of grammars and spelling. I will rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I can’t give it less because I was really intrigued and can’t wait to start reading the third book in the series to see how Suzi’s plan worked out. I would recommend this book to those who love romance and the intrigue of obstacles that can be overcome.

Heartaches 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like M-K debz's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”