Review by Lawisha12 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lawisha12
Favorite Book: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawisha12.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Review by Lawisha12 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by Lawisha12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Told You Were Naked by William E. Combs is an eye opening book that sheds light on events through which sin and death entered through the world. The book focuses on God, Adam, Eve, serpent and all the activities that took place in the garden of Eden. The author has not only reexamined Eden but also given us evidence of how sin and death was resolved through the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

The subtitle of the book creates interest for the rest of the book. Adam was not given any heavy responsibility in the garden of Eden. He really enjoyed one on one communication with God and was to eat from all the trees in the garden accept that from the tree in the middle which was the tree of knowledge. To the contrary, the gift that God gave Adam as companion allowed sin and death to enter through the world due to her curiosity.

This was an unusual book to me. Before reading inside the book, I could tell the story of creation as written in the book of Genesis as I had learnt on Sunday school and Bible study groups. But as I read deeper into the book, i realized it was explaining every event in detail. What a chance that Adam had to be taught about the difference between good and bad by the one who hates sin and embraces good.

The message and clarity of the book deserved to have been put in over 200 pages. But I applaud the author for his profession that he used to write the book in less than 200 pages and successfully pass such an inspiring and wider understanding. The book opened my eyes to the current world that is full of thorns and thistles. The book itself serves as a testimony of hope to be learnt by all that are facing challenges of all kinds.

I could not trace any grammatical errors. However, I witnessed new vocabularies that forced me to consult the dictionary to ensure that I could understand the information.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars since It provides a deep look at the whole story of creation, sin, death and the redemptive power with Biblical evidence.

I recommend the book to Bible study groups, Religious teachers and all the followers of Christ.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Lawisha12's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”