Review by tarra816 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tarra816
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarra816.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Review by tarra816 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by tarra816 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
By William Combs

4 out of 4 stars

Who Told You That You Were Naked? Is a book written by William Combs. It is a non-fictional imagined journey to the start of humanity. The first days of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. I can only ponder the beauty of walking with God in the garden watching the sun set for the evening. As I consider that closeness, the uniqueness of those moments of contemplation, what questions would I ask God? If I asked about the creation of all things, the moment the angels were singing and Lucifer conspired to become like God, would I be able to understand? In my un-fallen state, could I conceive the depth of sin and the consequences that lead to spiritual death? I was challenged to consider if I would have fared any better if it was me in the garden that had been tempted by Satan.

The subject matter the author presents is quite possibly the most pondered and disputed topic of discussion, the ability to perceive good and evil. It would seem that the idea of good and evil transitions over the course of life. As life creates and develops in our relationships, we can closely relate with the desire to gain wisdom, even if the source is questionable. Adam and Eve believed a lie, something they had no knowledge of in their experiences. They believed this forbidden fruit would help them draw closer to the one they loved and to become more like their Father. After all, the greatest compliment is to be admired so much as to be imitated. Most parents would love for their children to follow them and gain wisdom.

The problem of recognizing sin in a practicable manner and in honesty is seen in Adam and Eve's realization that helps us to grow in vulnerability and faith. This journey back to the beginning will construct a bridge to the present evils confronting all of us today. Adam and Eve become real people who lived in paradise, but in a moment of temptation, lost what they did not know they possessed.

The author explores the concept of purity before the temptation and separation of Adam and Eve from their Creator. The black and white perspective of youth takes on the wisdom of colors and shading as evil was released upon mankind. The author delves back into innocence and places in our hearts a deeper knowledge of and love for the Creator. We are lead to consider are own life, the values, wanderings, and the very heart of God. The journey offered was not only in time, but also one of devotion and of gentleness.

This book is a transition of trust and faith as well as a realization of the evil we must confront in our fallen state. It is the story of God's love and provision that was provided by our Creator. You will be challenged but the final result will be peace. I give the book 4 out of 4 stars. I believe this book will enhance a Christian walk, and will provoke others to give more consideration to a genuine personal Creator whose love flows from the pages.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like tarra816's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for your review. I really liked your question as to if we would have fared any better in Eden? We all know Adam and Eve as having disobeyed, but could we just as well substitute our own name? Great thoughts. Thanks.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”