Review by Cyril Stephano Lissu -- Roadmap to the End of ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cyril Stephano Lissu
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyril-stephano-lissu.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Review by Cyril Stephano Lissu -- Roadmap to the End of ...

Post by Cyril Stephano Lissu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The end of the world has been a controversial debate ever since. Some people — religious leaders — predicted that, the last day of the year 1999 AD, would have been culminated with the event of the end of the world. Their prediction was based on the ground that, the world critical events have been repeatedly happening over the span of 2000 years. This resulted into their followers selling their properties with the hope that their leaders’ prophecy would be fullfilled.

Daniel Friedmann, in his non-fiction book titled Roadmap to the End of Days, has predicted the end of days by the similar reason that, historical events have always been repeating themselves. In his book, he comprehensively addressed how the world critical events have been repeating from the first day God has created the world hitherto. The trend of events from the past to recent, has enabled the author to predict what will happen in future particularly the event of the end of days. The author argued that, our failure to observe God’s
commandments has moved away the cosmic purpose (to make the physical world to be a dwelling place for God) from us and hence lengthen the time to reach the end of days. In contrast, the author pointed out that, if we performed good deeds, the cosmic purpose would come near us and consequently hasten the time to reach event of the end of days. The author corroborated that, failure of Adam and Eve to obey God’s commandment of not eating the fruits from the tree of good and evil for further three hours in that day, has resulted into being expelled from the Garden of Eden and the cosmic power moved far from them.

The book has ten (10) Chapters which are sequentially arranged and technical terms are clearly defined in the glossary. Moreover, concepts in which the author deemed them more clarifications are discussed in appendices A, B and C. These were too vital to me in ensuring that, I am not being distracted while reading the book. This book is more informative and addresses more complex religious concepts which I have long been finding out. As such, I read this book more than twice in order to comprehend the author’s insights.

There are a lot; I have enjoyed reading this book. The author had logically and scientifically written the book. The events in the book are written aligning with both biblical and Gregorian calendars. The author interestingly pointed out that, in the book of genesis, God created the world in 6 days. The author described further that, one (1) creation day when converted in time as kept by human was equal to 2.5 billion years, multiplying it by 6, one could get the time corresponding to 13.74 billion years. The author intelligently interrelated the 7 days (6 creation days and 1 day when God rested) with 7 sefirots; Kindness, Severity, Beauty, Eternity, Glory, Foundation and Kingship, and 7 personalities; Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Aaron, Joseph and David.

Regrettably, from the first to the last chapter of this book, I didn’t find even a single phrase mentioning Jesus Christ as Messiah. Nevertheless the author alluded Messiah ben Joseph who he claimed that, would prepare the coming of Messiah ben David. The author insisted that, Messiah ben David would come during the 7th millennia which would be culminated by building of the third temple. As a Christian, I believe that Jesus Christ as Messiah, has already come, and will come again during the end of days to judge the world. Hence, author’s arguments about Messiah have totally contradicted with what I believe about.

Throughout the book, I have never found any significant grammatical error which could stray my reading concentration. Scenes in the book are logically and immensely addressed in such a way that, my reading pace was constantly maintained. This is a good indicator that, the book has been professionally edited. I am therefore compelled to rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars. Finally, I recommend this book to be read by both religious and nonreligious who are open minded and eager to learn and understand how and when the end of days will happen.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Cyril Stephano Lissu's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I have read some of it and found that I didn't really agree with what was said. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Cyril Stephano Lissu

kandscreeley wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I have read some of it and found that I didn't really agree with what was said. Thanks for the review.
Thanks kandscreeley for your comment.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

I find Daniel Friedmann's Roadmap to the End of Days a lot fascinating. End of days... It just would be interesting to read this book to find out how the author arrived at his calculations. I enjoyed the review, Cyril Stephano.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Cyril Stephano Lissu

Thanks KlareAllison for your comment! For sure the author did a great job.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedman has been reviewed by Cyril Stephano Lissu in a descriptive manner. Biblical and Gregorocal calendar are explained. Historical and religious events are given in an elaborative manner. Congratulations on becoming BOTD.
Nephyz+254
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nephyz-254.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Nephyz+254 »

This book had a nice topic (end times), that I would have loved very much, but since it proclaims another Messiah apart from Jesus, I think it won,t fit well with what I already believe in. Thanks for this nice review. Not for me!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”