Review by lakien24 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lakien24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lakien24.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Review by lakien24 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by lakien24 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Faith in God has a lot of manifestations in the bible. The book, who told You That You Were Naked a religious text Written by William Combs, encourages and teaches readers to have faith in God and they will achieve their life purposes. The writer gives us the examples of Adam and Eve, Abraham, Joshua, and even Jesus on how their faith was tested over and over. The disciples are also mentioned and how they strived to perform miracles just like Jesus.

By striving to answer Who Told You That You Were Naked? The question that God asked when he was looking for Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, the book gives both the short term and long term effects of the actions of the first sin committed by our first parents.

By re-examining how sin came into this world and how God handled it, the book gives Christians new hope. By sinning, Adam and Eve feared God. But God lifted them up and gave them a solution to their nakedness. Likewise in our current generation, the writer expresses in different ways that when we sin, we should not run away from the church, God or even cease to pray. After sinning we should become even closer to God than before so that we get a long lasting solution to our problems. By reading this book, I got a new insight into life, rebuilt my faith in God and even changed my habits.

I especially like how the writer gives us day to day stories that can be applicable in today’s society and show how our life and faith is connected to the Genesis story and other related books in the Bible. The book draws lessons, facts, conclusions and the direction we should take in our lives from these Bible books. The logic of reasoning and interpretation is outstanding and will definitely make you have a new direction and meaning in life after reading it. The writer could have done a forewarning of these short imaginative stories/ narrations so that the readers could know what they are getting to.

I rate this book 4 out of four stars as it is well structured with no grammar mistakes. The book is intuitive and takes us to the beginning of creation and the events that led to the fall of man. The writer vividly captures and imaginatively narrates all the events from the creation of Adam, his days alone, Eve’s creation as Adam’s better half, Eve’s conversation with the serpent and ultimately humanity's fall caused by eating the forbidden fruit.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lakien24's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”