Review by veniq mars -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
veniq mars
Currently Reading: Spirits of the Heart
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veniq-mars.html
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch

Review by veniq mars -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by veniq mars »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Title: who told you that you were naked?
Author: William E. Combs
Publisher: Capenter's son publishing
Genre: Non-fiction

The title of the book already creates an impression of what you expect in the book. Adam,Eve and the garden of eden. It brings out the origin of sin by the first human and how God comes in to bring redemption. After Adam we see the relationship between the Israelites and then the current generation. There is good news for Christians and how they find rest in Christ despite being sinful, if they deny themselves and follow Christ.

The book appeals most to Christians. That is bible college students,bible study groups and even evangelists since its a reference to scriptures. It is biblical. It has discussion questions open for discussion. It gives testimonies that most Christians relate to.However,muslims and other non-Christians will find the book irrelevant since it does not relate to their beliefs.

Apart from helping the reader understand the origin,consequence and redemption from sin, the book also explains the role faith plays. Faith is the strong belief in God, the common definition.Its impressive to discover that there is more to faith than we think - its a strong word. Faith can actually be. Little or real faith like that of Abraham. Real faith no matter how small can accomplish anything. In order to deny ourselves for Christ's sake we need faith. Real faith.

I like how the author expresses the relationship between animals and Adam prior to eden. The ewe is actually attacked by the lion and its lamb hides terrified. I mean, you do not expect this when you sit down to read the book. You are expecting love and peace in the first chapter from page one. This makes you curious, that in his innocence, Adam names the lamb lively and you want to know how and why. Honestly, the first chapter makes you read the book to the very end. You want to discover more new ideas.

The fact that Adam's story 7 so soon and then you are now being introduced to new people like Abraham and the Israelites and other generations saddens. I mean, I am reading this book because I have lots of questions regarding the fruit and Adam. I want more of that and not the Israelites. But on reading the other chapters, you understand this connection with Adam, the fruit and sin in each of them. You understand that the sin of eating the fruit of knowledge does not just end in the garden. It goes even further to have an effect on the current generation too. The book clears your sadness. It explain why you need to study the other generations too.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars it does not scare away new believers with harsh warnings. It strengthens their faith. It gives hope through testimonies and is the ideal book. Its simply amiable.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like veniq mars's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”