Review by Shalom16 -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shalom16
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shalom16.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Review by Shalom16 -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by Shalom16 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Roadmap to the End of Days, author Daniel Friedmann tackles a highly controversial subject in the End of Days or the Messianic Era. Here, he presents a compelling case how the future can be objectively forecasted by putting together events in both human and Biblical history, and looking for patterns in the past and present which will reveal the events in the future.

The author’s approach to the subject is making use of correspondence to reveal similarities between parallel periods. By establishing a pattern of historical events, he is able to discuss the End of Days from a divine perspective and decode Biblical prophecy in its proper context. At the end of the book, he invokes moral challenges to how people should behave in order to usher in an era of universal peace.

The ideas presented in this book is firmly rooted from a Jewish point-of-view. Thus, in order to gain an appreciation of the book, readers from other religious backgrounds must shed their religious bias and approach the book with an open mind and appreciation to scientific research.

I find the book very insightful with its comprehensive references on the Bible, the Talmud, and writings and commentaries by rabbis and scientific peers. It is well-researched and the in-depth analyses contained are discussed in detail and presented in easy to understand tables and diagrams. The presentation of information is logically arranged and the author makes use of rhetorical questions and metaphors to drive home points and simplify concepts. As for grammar, I spotted only one glaring mistake.

After reading the book, I found nothing to dislike about it. I understand where the author is coming from and though, I may not necessarily agree with all his positions, I found this glimpse into the Jewish perspective instructive.

Owing to the book’s highly technical content, it may appeal only to readers who are interested in Biblical theology and history. In fact, readers will need quite a bit of Biblical background in order to go along with the discussion otherwise they will be hopelessly lost. On the plus side, the book provides a comprehensive glossary and endnotes to help the readers with technical terms and provide a brief context for reference.

Overall, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is deeply informative and the research is impeccable. I would highly recommend this book to religious scholars and to those who are simply looking for answers to what the future holds for them.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Shalom16's review? Post a comment saying so!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Not for, but it sounds like a good read for fans of the genre. It is good that the book provides a comprehensive glossary and endnotes to help the readers with technical terms. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Shreyoshi Sen
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyoshi-sen.html
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam

Post by Shreyoshi Sen »

Thanks for the review but I don't think that I would give this book a try.
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ashley_claire »

I did a few courses on religious studies in college, and from an educational point of view this book appeals to me. I'm glad to hear the book is well researched and the information presented in a logical way, as sometimes too much information can be overwhelming. Thanks for the great review!
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

This sounds like something I'd like to read. It sounds well researched and might give different perspectives on the topic.
Henry Kaisemutala
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henry-kaisemutala.html

Post by Henry Kaisemutala »

It is very nice for Christians, including me. In fact it is the most attractive to me and i cant wait reading it. But to those not interested in religious issues, it may not be so interesting.
Gregory Chileshe
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gregory-chileshe.html

Post by Gregory Chileshe »

Well great,I want to read this book,though I am still finding problems to access it being in mobi format. I love eschatology so am ready to do a very good review once I succeed opening it to read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”