Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Rose Tamuno »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace is a book in which Dr. Ghoulem Berrah tells his story about how he discovered that fighting for his country’s freedom was right. Angola had been under the colonizing thumb of France for too long. Dr. Ghoulem Berrah knew that his country would never rise to its fullest potential until it was freed from the shackles of colonization. He picked up the placard to protest France’s rule over them. As time went on, he picked up a gun and fought for what he knew was right. It was not easy for him to leave the comfort of his home and the embrace of his mother to do all that he did, but he knew that someone had to stand up for what was right. In A Dream For Peace, he also tells us about his diplomatic meetings with many renowned leaders worldwide. He talked about his childhood and what it was like to live in the time that he did. A Dream For Peace is his message to the world about why peace is the highest achievement any person or country can ever have.

I have never really loved reading autobiographies of people. This is because I have come to understand that some people lie about their achievements and blow their experiences out of proportion. I was skeptical about reading A Dream For Peace the first time I saw it. Despite my skepticism, I chose to give it a shot. I have never been so happy to have read a book. This is because I did a little research on many of the things Dr. Ghoulem Berrah said in the book, and they all checked out. Many of the things he wrote about were historically correct, and I am convinced that he achieved all that he said he did in the book. Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a mentor that I now look up to, and the nuggets of wisdom he gives in A Dream For Peace will forever be in my mind.

There is nothing wrong with A Dream For Peace. It is a lengthy book, but instead of seeing that feature as a bad thing, I chose to see it as a good thing. It has more pages than a regular book. It afforded me the chance to learn much more about the author’s life and history. He also broke up the monotonous talks with pictures from his past. The pictures are what I liked most in the book. Although some of these pictures were grainy, I still like that Dr. Ghoulem Berrah decided to add them. I was not expecting photographs with better quality because the kind of camera we use today did not exist then.

Now I want to discuss how well A Dream For Peace was edited. There were no errors. It was edited excellently. Also, even though it is an autobiography, I still enjoyed the stories the author told. At the end of the day, I did not dislike anything in A Dream For Peace and cannot make any negative comments about it. That means it was perfect. Because it was perfect, I award it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

A Dream For Peace is now one of my favorite historical fiction books. My first recommendation goes to those who love historical fiction books and everything they offer. The second set of people I recommend A Dream For Peace to is the group that likes books about freedom fighting. This book expressly spells out what some fighters went through in their quest to free their country from the shackles of colonization.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

The message of "Dream for Peace" is one that can be applied to all aspects of life.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”