Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeffery King 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeffery-king-1.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Jeffery King 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This great autobiography was written by an Algerian activist. A Dream for Peace is a book about the author's life in Algeria and how his family situation was a bedrock for his career in medicine. Initially, he was a freedom fighter for the independence of Algeria; during the late 1970s, he was an Ivorian diplomat. This book covered the lifetime of the author, from painful moments to political success.

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a microbiologist and an ambassador for the Ivory Coast. He became an activist for the liberation of Algeria in 1961 and 1962. In his well-written memoir, he discussed his early childhood in eastern Algeria, his education in France, his involvement in Algeria's liberation in China, and his adventure to Indiana University, where his innovation improved the biological world. The book also entails his escape and subsequent arrest in Spain.

I immensely loved this autobiography; I felt a strong connection to Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's life, his humble beginnings, and his struggle to be part of his country's independence. The heroism of the author was what I deeply admired; what better way to be a historical figure than being part of your country's independence? I loved the way the author used foreign language and thought it was very thoughtful of him to leave its meaning under the bottom pages. After reading this book, I had to read up on the Algerian War. Reading this book made me know a lot about that country. This book was very informative, and the author added extra energy to make it extra informative. He also added pictures to his book to help his readers picture what he was trying to address.

The accuracy of this book didn't fail, and the narrative was superb for me, but I didn't like how long this book was. There were a few unnecessary stories that the author added but could have sacrificed for the briefness of this book.

Activism, medicine, and politics are the three various fields I love and cherish, and this book did justice to them. I will rate A Dream for Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah 5 out of 5 stars. There's no doubt it's the best book I have read this year. Apart from one minor dislike I had for this book, everything else about it gave me peace of mind. This book was exceptionally edited.

I do recommend this book to anyone interested in history and politics. I will also recommend this book to people who are into medical discovery.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”