Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
olorimov
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olorimov.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by olorimov »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Ghoulem Berrah's A Dream for Peace, I was given a profound, intimate, and personal account of the author's life and his relentless journey towards promoting peace and independence in Africa. The book takes me on a journey through the different stages of the author's life, from growing up in the midst of political turmoil in Algeria to becoming a respected scientist and accomplished academic. It delves into his personal experiences with colonization, racism, and oppression, all of which have shaped his worldview and determination to fight for the rights and freedom of his people.

The author's upbringing in a well-respected Muslim family and the loss of his parents at different phases in his life, his education at Yale University and the formation of a team of like-minded students to fight for independence, his imprisonment and threats, his love life and failed marriages, and his numerous accomplishments as a scientist, an activist, and a special advisor to a President are all expertly woven together to create a compelling narrative that is both sensitive and emotional. The book illustrates themes of love, sacrifice, racial discrimination, culture, religion, self-development, independence, and peace, among many others.

This book is an incredibly powerful and deeply moving memoir that has left a great and lasting impression on me. Not only is it highly inspirational, but it is also rich in historical context and offers a unique perspective on some of the most important events and issues of our time. What I like most about this memoir is the author's selflessness and unwavering commitment to fighting for justice, which is truly remarkable and serves as a powerful example of what one person can accomplish when they are driven by a deep sense of purpose. Also, the author's dedication to campaigning tirelessly for Algeria's independence and playing a crucial role in mediating peace between countries in conflict, such as Israel and Palestine, is truly admirable. Additionally, the author's decision to marry a Christian despite the opposition from his family is a clear demonstration of his commitment to promoting religious tolerance and understanding.

The book is written in straightforward language that makes it easy to read, and the inclusion of pictures placed throughout the book helps to bring the characters and events to life. Another wonderful thing that I noticed in this book is that it contains no errors, which means that this book has been exceptionally well edited. The only thing that I like least in this book is that the author did not give a more detailed narrative of his mistakes, which would have added more to the knowledge gained from this book. Aside from this, I have no other dislikes concerning this book.

Overall, I found this book to be fascinating and enlightening. The author's perseverance and compassion shine through on every page, making him a truly admirable figure. I would highly recommend this book to readers interested in African history and issues such as colonialism. I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars for how rich in history it is as well as how inspirational and educational it is.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

The book is a reminder that peace is possible if we work together.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”