Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Williams Zangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-zangi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Williams Zangi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's book A Dream for Peace: An Ambassador's Memoir takes the reader on a fascinating journey through post-colonial Africa's history from the incredibly singular perspective of a man who had devoted his life to the cause of world peace. It is an amazing tale of a man who lived during a crucial period for the countries on his native continent of Africa.

This book's historical correctness wasn't overlooked, making it enlightening and instructive. I learned a lot about the political dynamics in Africa from this fantastic book. It is quite well-written and could easily be used as a teaching resource for a class on twentieth-century history. I gained more knowledge about the French colonizers and how Algeria, in particular, was affected by them. It was simple for me to keep track of everything because of the events' chronological order. The book is memorable and authenticates the material thanks to the graphic presentations used. It imparts valuable life skills and shows how to communicate with others on their terms. The author did not hold back on sharing his general life experiences, which is something I like about the book. His successes, setbacks, errors, difficulties, and love story are all covered more descriptively. It added to the realism of the stories that there were numerous real photographs of the author besides the significant figures he described in the book.

There was neither a glossary nor the definition of any technical terms I was looking for in the book. The amount of distraction I encountered while reading the book would have been lessened as a result. It didn't stop me from enjoying this book, though.

I have nothing bad to say about this memoir because I found the advice and lessons it gave to be very valuable.

I give Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's A Dream for Peace a rating of five out of five stars because it will not only encourage readers to be aspirational but also instill the virtue of perseverance in their daily undertakings. I found no typos, spelling mistakes, or grammatical errors while reading, indicating that it was well-written and well-edited. Dr. Berrah's narration is incredibly engrossing and easy to follow. I don't see any justification for taking away a star from my rating.

I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning about the political climate in Africa throughout the 19th century. This book is nonfiction, so fans of nonfiction will find it beneficial.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”