Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sallyreads12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sallyreads12.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Sallyreads12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace is a memoir by Ghoulem Berrah following the author's life. In the book, we first learn about the author's upbringing as a respectable young boy in Algeria under the strict and loving supervision of his mother. As a result of his outstanding performance in school, he has the opportunity to continue his education abroad. Throughout the book, the author describes his efforts in achieving freedom for Algeria and other countries, as well as world peace.

It was inspiring to see how passionate the author was about helping others. It was so important to the author to fight for his country and people that he was willing to put himself in danger to protect them. The liberation movement was also a passion for many other young people. Young people formed organizations to make life better for everyone and it was interesting to read about their accomplishments.

In his memoir, the author included pictures and articles that I found particularly interesting. To name a few, the author accomplished many feats in his life, including being a freedom fighter, attending law school, becoming a scientist and making advancements in the biochemistry field. That is very admirable. A beautiful love story is also told between Ghoulem Berrah and his second wife Titi that I enjoyed reading. The author describes his wife beautifully and the love he had for her is apparent throughout.

During his life, Ghoulem Berrah fought for peace and change, making significant contributions to global peace and prosperity. Furthermore, the author spoke about the role women played in fighting colonialism. His mention of women such as Djamila Bouhired, who played a key role in the Algiers battle, was especially moving to me.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. This book was exceptionally well written as well as well edited. I found it very inspiring and insightful. Reading about how he grew up wanting to make humanity a better place and fulfilling his dream motivated me. A true humanitarian, he had an unwavering passion for helping others. By reading his personal experiences, I gained a better understanding of what the war was like and the fight for independence.

I would recommend this book to people who are interested in the history of Algeria and the fight for its independence. It is an excellent book for anyone also interested in humanitarianism. In addition, I recommend this book to anyone interested in international relations and politics.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”