Review of Play Golf Better Faster

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Review of Play Golf Better Faster

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Play Golf Better Faster" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Play Golf Better Faster by Kalliope Barlis is a workbook guide, especially for your mind, with tips from neuro-linguistic programming (NLP). The principles in this book are based on the author's "applied learnings" as a professional golfer. This book is divided into three parts. "Using Your Brain" is the first part, followed by "Practicing Your Game," and the last is the most exciting of all parts. It starts with the word "play." The author emphasizes that everything should begin in our minds because imagination of the things you want develops positive thoughts that fuel perseverance in playing golf.

The "brain exercise" of training your mind to use the "visual, auditory, and kinesthetic" senses in playing golf or hitting the ball is among the things I like most. If you imagine that you did well in this game while avoiding unhealthy thoughts, it will result in the "kind of golfer you want to be." The way you think and feel affects your game. Plus, the author wants the golfer to savor good memories, which will lead to success in this game as you gain momentum. 

I least liked when the book made me slow down in reading because of the monotonous pace, but it didn't hinder me from rating this book 5 out of 5 stars. The principles in this game aren't limited to golfers alone. It can be applied to different types of games. The tips and techniques are excellent, especially while practicing the shots and the swing in aiming the target. There are ideas on how to build your confidence, focus, discipline, and body coordination, or connection, from the grass to your heart and brain. Furthermore, there are helpful suggestions for improvement to assist your potential, like making a "routine practice" for familiarity that will result in mastering your own techniques. 

While reading the book, I loved the writing format. The topic has a smooth flow with several illustrations of the game. The author also provided a unique wheel chart guide for self-evaluation of your progress in this game. To inspire the golfer, Kalliope Barlis included well-known people like Moe Norman, Ben Hogan, and Annika Sorenstam, to name a few, because they have good influence in this field. Moreover, the editing looks professionally edited because I only spotted a few errors. 

Play Golf Better Faster is suitable for those who like and love golf. Those golf players who aim to be golf professionals will benefit a lot from this book. There's more, Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book is the next book and is a good tool for understanding this game. Plus, another helpful book by the same author is entitled Phobia Relief.

Play Golf Better Faster
View: on Bookshelves
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

Being a keen golfer I enjoyed reading your review. It was very insightful and time permitting I would like to read this one. It seems a very practical guide on how to train the brain to improve your game. Great Job!
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is a wonderfully written review and I would love to try out this book. It covers the topic of golfing and I would really love to try it out. Thank you for this well written review.
Annas Felix
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annas-felix.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Annas Felix »

Golf and NLP? That's an interesting combination. I'd love to read for myself how the author blends them in this narrative.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I read one of her book, Phobia Relief and I like how she takes into focus 'mind development'. Surely this book helps how important the mindset is in playing golf or any other game. Thanks for your great review.
Last edited by Hazel Mae Bagarinao on 30 Dec 2022, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
Faruqinspired
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faruqinspired.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Faruqinspired »

I adored the writing style while reading the book. The theme flows naturally and includes numerous game illustrations. A special wheel chart guidance for self-evaluation of your performance in this game was also provided by the author.
Kyle Sutheran
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Elizabeth Moore Kraus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle-sutheran.html
Latest Review: From Flames to Valor by Jose L Berrios
fav_author_id: 258142
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 270%

Post by Kyle Sutheran »

This book review is well crafted. This allows me to understand the sport Golf. I like the writing style the author has chosen to adopt. The book seems educational, and I cannot wait to read it for myself.
K. Sutheran :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”