Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jenner fury
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenner-fury.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Jenner fury »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a compelling account of the author's life events. Despite being the only son of his parents, he quickly became a political activist. He wanted to end French colonial rule in Algeria. Subsequently, he wanted to liberate more African countries from the colonial rule of some other foreign nations. His selfless passion led him to participate in the conversation aimed at achieving peace between Israel and Palestine. He attended medical school in the United States of America and eventually graduated as a doctor. Because of his skills and abilities, he was the first scientist to create a theory for "reverse transcriptase enzymes." Despite being a Muslim, he married a Christian. 

I liked how the author described things in great detail. I could clearly see everything and follow every journey and activity because of it. The book's captivating writing style sets it apart from other autobiographies. Another thing I really appreciated was the author's use of illustrations to help the readers comprehend what he was explaining. I appreciated that the author was honest about every aspect of his life. His successes, feats, unpleasant encounters, failures, and even his love life are all detailed in the book. I was quite impressed and enjoyed reading the story because of the simple language and consistent portrayal of each character's role. The message and narrative move quickly because they are replete with motivational quotes that exhort people to maintain a positive outlook in order to succeed. 

There was nothing that I disliked about the book. It was well-written and interesting to read. Even though the book was too long, that did not stop me from reading. It had no impact on how well I understood and absorbed this wonderful memoir. Reading this intriguing memoir written by such a committed and knowledgeable man was incredibly inspiring. I discovered a lot about other African nations thanks to this book. The combination of all of these factors makes the book entertaining to read. The events in the book are chronologically ordered. 

The history lesson in this book is helpful to me. It is astonishing how involved in politics Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is. The book was stimulating and empowering, which is another reason why I liked it. There were no grammatical errors or mistakes in it; therefore, it was professionally edited. As a result, I am rating this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in African history, politics, or colonialism.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”