Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hakeem nuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hakeem-nuel.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Hakeem nuel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream for Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is the autobiography of a political activist. Berrah wrote this book to enlighten readers on the need to fight against racism and discrimination. The life experiences and challenges the author encountered educates readers that the fight against injustice and discrimination is a tough one that must be achieved.

Ghoulem Berrah was born in Algeria during French colonialism. Berrah, who was a very intelligent young boy, was raised by his mother after he lost his father, Hamedi Berrah, while growing up at a tender age. Berrah encountered different situations of racism and discrimination during his early stages of life. Berrah's intelligence earned him a scholarship to the University of Bordeaux in France. He became so interested in fighting against colonialism that he was ready to lay down his life for this cause. Berrah's continued activism landed him in prison, which seems to be the beginning of a new cause. Grab a copy of this book to find out what happened to Berrah after he was arrested.

To fight against colonialism, a revolution is needed so the oppressed citizens can show their grievances and express themselves. The effects of colonialism can be seen in this book. The author gave a well-detailed account of his life experiences. I enjoyed reading this book. I could relate to what the author was fighting for. I like the author's narrative style. There was no part of the story that was left unsaid. I love how he narrated the story from his childhood to his university days in Bordeaux to his days as a scientist. I also loved his transformation from being a young boy who got privileged to study on a scholarship to being an important figure in the society. I admire Berrah's acts of humility and kindness towards everyone, notwithstanding their religion or race. I learned about the history of Algeria, its colonization, and its independence.

I didn't find anything wrong with the book. It was a well-written autobiography. Berrah's story is an inspirational one. I feel inspired to bring change to people around me, notwithstanding how difficult it might be. I felt uncomfortable with the way he was racially abused and discriminated against. I also dislike the fact that he had to go to prison. I felt so happy that he accomplished a lot in life. Berrah's life story should be an inspiration to all.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I didn't come across any errors in this book. This shows that it was exceptionally well edited. I recommend this book to political activists.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

The book offers a thoughtful and nuanced look at the challenges of creating peace.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”