Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace, written by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, is a story about a man who wants his country to be free and independent. He describes his experiences as a little boy in Algeria during its colonization by the French. He also describes growing up as a Muslim and gaining the will to struggle for Algeria's independence from France. Not only that, but he lost his father at a young age, and later he lost his mother in college. Those were among the most painful things he has experienced. He was not just focused on the good of Algeria, but the good of Africa as a whole. His activist activities extended to Morocco, Cote d'lvoire, and other places. He interacted with and worked alongside numerous important people.

Though from a humble background, his family ensured that he received the best possible upbringing. His hard work and dedication eventually rewarded him with a scholarship to France. This opportunity gives him the tools he needs to make a difference. After graduation, he becomes an activist and works with President Houphouet-Boigny of the Ivory Coast to help the people have a better life. The book describes his beliefs against segregation and discrimination, as he marries a Christian despite being a devout Muslim.

I enjoyed reading this book a lot. Each part had its own special features. I learned new things and got new perspectives on the field. His unprejudiced approach towards everyone, regardless of religion or race, is commendable. He is an educator and a revolutionist. I admire his fight for Algeria's independence. His arrest and prison time did not deter him from achieving his goals. Many memoirs focus on the author's accomplishments, but this author focuses more on the achievements of others than he does on his achievements. I appreciated the amount of information and knowledge I gained from reading this book. Although the book is quite a long read, it is interesting and filled with action, since it is clear that the author had a productive life. Ghoulem Berrah is strong-willed and a good example. I also loved the illustrations presented in the book to elaborate on his points and narration. The book covers countless different topics, including politics, science, religion, and marriage.

The book was well illustrated and had many excellent qualities to emulate; however, the picture quality of some images was sub-par. The book's length is the only negative aspect. Some people may not have the patience to read long autobiographical narratives, but this does not take away from the book's overall brilliance.

I did not detect any errors in this book. This shows that it was exceptionally well-edited. I enjoyed the book's ending, which left the readers with something to think about. I'm giving this book a four out of four stars.

Furthermore, I recommend readers who love reading books that contain history and political affairs. Readers who are interested in freedom fighters, revolutionists, and memoirs should read A Dream For Peace.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

I read this book and was deeply moved by the author's life. He is a talented and a hardworker. I admired how he used his efforts and talents to promote peace. Your review is excellent. It was enjoyable to read.
Mbali Qalinge
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: He
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbali-qalinge.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Mbali Qalinge »

I'm not a fan of politics, but I'll upload the author for being unprejudiced and determined. Those are admirable qualities that we need in our leaders.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

Thank you for the review 🌱. I always wanted to read this book but just felt lazy to approach it, but how you have reviewed it gives me the energy to visit it.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

Non-fiction is not my cup of tea. Although it is commendable how one person can change the lives of so many people through dedication and hard work. Great review, thank you.
Francis Odhiambo Comorenos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-odhiambo-comorenos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Francis Odhiambo Comorenos »

A great review I'll surely read it now

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”