Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roderick Voss
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Roderick Voss »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is an emotional memoir that details the author's life journey toward promoting peace. This book examines the author's lifelong struggle and hard work to make a difference in the political world.

The author begins the book by telling us about his early life, including his birthplace, parents, and a brief history of French colonial rule in Algeria at the time. Dr. Ghoulem was a bright child when he was young. He excelled in school, earning him a scholarship to study in France. He became interested in politics after witnessing racial discrimination while studying medicine. Dr. Ghoulem tells the story of his time in prison, how he found love, his scientific research and innovation, and how he rose to the position of top peace diplomat in the world of politics. Purchase this book to learn more about the author's personal experiences.

Dr. Ghoulem's courage and determination are two qualities I admire. The author attempts to make the reader feel his emotions through his writing style and tone. He also gives a brief history of the country and the politicians he has worked with, including President Nixon, President Castro, President Houphouët, and many others. I liked how the author provided several perspectives on various political events, such as the Cold War. The author describes his roles and responsibilities in maintaining peace throughout the country, as well as the politicians with whom he worked. One aspect that distinguished Dr. Ghoulem was his approach to achieving peace, which was based on peaceful dialogue. I also liked how the author included photographs, documents, and dialogues to support his story and add credibility to this book.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. After finishing this book, I had to look up the author's biography online to learn more about him. These are the unsung heroes we've never heard of. The author's life is truly inspirational. This book is like reading both history and a memoir at the same time. This book teaches about historical events in addition to the author's life. The author provides some dates and events that demonstrate the historical aspects of the book. The author concludes by explaining how the world will be a better place if we continue to advocate for peace.

I’m rating this passionate memoir 4 out of 4 stars. This book was exceptionally well-edited. I found no grammatical errors in it. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading memoirs and history.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

I liked the way Berrah treated his wife with love and respect. They say charity begins at home. That's the case with Berrah because peace started from his home to everything else he did. Great review.
Bezekasia23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bezekasia23.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Bezekasia23 »

Great review. I like how he gave back to the community, giving out scholarships to the less privileged. He's indeed a hero.
Dgamelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgamelaw.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Dgamelaw »

This is an inspirational book. I enjoyed the author's life story. This review is well written. Nice review
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

The author was not only a writer, but a revolutionary as well. He was a good-hearted man who worked tirelessly to make the world a better place for the next generation.
Clara Tom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clara-tom.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Clara Tom »

Courage and determination are two qualities I admire the most in Dr. Ghoulem. He the reader feel his emotions through his writing style and tone. Nice review.
Malthide Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

The narrative structure of the plot is straightforward and shows the amazing character development of the author. The author is a treasure in the world of politics and science. Kudos on this your amazing review.
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

It's a relief to read memoirs and gain insights into the author's life. The book is motivating. Thank you so much for this wonderful review.
George Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-baker.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by George Baker »

A memoir about a rare gem I didn't know of. Dr. Ghoulem contributed to both the political and science world.
Harry Torsney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-torsney.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Harry Torsney »

The author is an advocate for peace and a man needed to be remembered in Africa and Arab history.
koffi Malay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

What amazed me most about this book. It is how the author contributed equally in both the science and political world. He is indeed a blessed man.
Mark Ntuli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-ntuli.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mark Ntuli »

Racial discrimination is one of the society's barrier that limits the future of young people but Dr. Ghoulem is example of how someone can still achieve their goals no matter the circumstances.
Cat pill35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-pill35.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Cat pill35 »

Dr. Ghoulem is a man that did all his purpose on earth after so many challenges. He fights for Earth most wanted resource which is peace.
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Shane Carter »

I really enjoyed reading this review. The positive and negative aspects were properly outlined. This book would be fun to read. I can't wait to get started.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”