Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kirsten pula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsten-pula.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Kirsten pula »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace is a motivational and perceptive memoir written by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah. It is a book that explains Dr. Ghoulem's life. In his memoir, he discusses his upbringing, his time as a student, his work as a diplomat for Houphoet, as well as his profession. Ghoulem was born in Constantine, Algeria. He spent a lot of time residing in Constantine. Due to the loss of his brothers, he was his parents' only child. Ghoulem was a doctor who also served as a revolutionary ambassador as well as a freedom fighter and peacemaker. Algeria was under French colonial rule. He desired the liberation of Algeria from French colonialism for the benefit of his people. He worked with others who shared the same interest in ending colonialism in Algeria.  Furthermore, he was a medical student in France at the time, but he later turned into a peace activist. The first researcher to make a theory on reverse transcriptase enzymes was Ghoulem. Ghoulem is a Muslim, and he married a Christian woman.

What I liked about the book was how Ghoulem struggled on behalf of his people. He bravely battled for what he believed was right for his country while risking his life. He was persistent in moving forward and just did not give up. His persona may truly instruct people to never despair and to work hard to achieve their goals. The author employed images to help readers relate to the events or situations in this book, which was a really helpful technique. The fact that the author used his own real-life experiences to tell his story to readers is something else I loved about this book.

I am delighted I came into such a thoughtful-provoking book because it was a great read. Although I considered the book to be overly lengthy and some vocabulary difficult to pronounce, I cannot deduct one star because it did not interfere with my reading. Aside from that, it was a fascinating memoir to read, and it kept me curious throughout the whole book.

Both the book's structure and writing were excellent. These types of books, which are based on real-life events, can actually open many people's eyes. The book was carefully edited, and I couldn't discover any typos or grammatical flaws in it. I gave the book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book to anybody who enjoys memoirs and political history. 

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”