Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mosele 19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mosele-19.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Mosele 19 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Personally, I admire and have great respect for great men who are good citizens of their country. These men can go to any extent in fighting for the human rights of their people. They can give up all they have just for the sake of their country or society. I have also read many memoirs of such great freedom fighters. A Dream For Peace by Dr Ghoulem Berrah is another kind of those books. This book will definitely inspire you and amaze your mind as you read it. This book is just a detailed summary of the author's purpose for his country and how he made it come through. The story is richly endowed with inspiration and positive life lessons.

This great man, Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, who is privileged to be the author, was born in a polygamous home in a small village in Algeria. His place of birth was always insecure because they always had issues with security. He was so lucky to have a caring but strict mother. Her mother's priority was always that her son would have a good education. At the time the author was born, the French language was compulsory in their educational scheme of work. This was because the country itself was under French colonial rule at that time. The author was not always comfortable with the French rule. Can you put yourself in his shoes and imagine the kind of relationship he was in? He was a very brilliant student in his academics, and he got the excellent student award. However, there was an incident that occurred in the graduation ceremony, and this caused Dr. Ghoulem Berrah to carry out an anti-colonial riot. Although his academic performance earned him a scholarship to study abroad or in any country of his choice, the freedom of his people was still his priority. He got arrested in the process, though. If you want to know what happened afterwards, go get your copy and read to find out.

This book inspired me and made me think about our society for a moment. I enjoyed this book sincerely. The author went through hell just for the sake of peace and freedom, and I admire that. Sincerely, I would like to be like him. He played a huge role in the decolonization of his fatherland. The author became very successful in life. He had to meet many world leaders, and he became famous and prosperous. He was actually the first scientist to discover a hypothesis that was later identified by Reverse Transcriptase Enzyme. He flourished academically, politically, and financially. I will be the happiest person on Earth if this man is to be my mentor. His mom will really be proud of him. Many African leaders have to emulate this man and put an end to bribery, corruption, and the many malpractices we are facing. Don't run away from your country. Try to bring about change instead, no matter what it takes.

However, the abbreviations in this book are the part I detested. The abbreviations slowed down my reading speed. But it didn't affect my understanding and comprehension of this wonderful memoir. I must say that A Dream For Peace is a must-read for everyone.

I found no errors in this unique book. The writing style was perfect. The book was well-edited, and the minor issue of the abbreviations didn't really matter. With all said and done, I would like to give this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I would like to recommend this book to all the world leaders, freedom fighters, and young boys and girls who have a dream for peace in their society. Potential politicians will also find this book useful and inspiring.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”