Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream for Peace is a memoir by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah that has to do with a global call to put an end to racism, which can give rise to discrimination and violence among nations. Ghoulem and his friends had to form a strong union among themselves, which led to the formation of various political associations, with the most prominent being the UGEMA. Ghoulem is mostly a vocal political activist, militant, and philanthropist, aside from being a patriotic citizen of Algeria. He took part actively in strategic meetings, taking the lead in the struggle for his country's independence, which he had always dreamt of. Will this dream of living in an independent Algeria come to pass in reality? Will he succeed in reuniting the nation back together? Find out when you read this book.

First, I have to commend the prologue at the start of the book, which portrays the author's carefulness and sensitivity in paying attention to details and relevant information while also giving respect and honor to whom it is due. As it is always being said that "knowledge is power," this book represents that fact, as it is undoubtedly an embodiment of knowledge. The grammatical articulations, connotations, and literature used here are educative as they build my vocabulary skills and expose me to new words. This enables me to search for their meanings while reading. I admire his excellent use of punctuation marks, as he skillfully uses them when necessary.

The author's ability to exhaustively give an account of every finite thing about his life and all that concerns him, ranging from childhood to adulthood, withholding no information from the reader, gives a reflection of the transparency possessed by him. I also love his stylish switch of the French language in between the storyline and interpreting their meanings in the English language, briefly in brackets, which makes it unique and exciting. This book teaches the importance and benefits of patriotism, having respect and value for one's nation, and also the need for a country to be independent as it explains the negativity of colonialism with several exemplary historical accounts and events that happened in the past to buttress his point.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. Therefore, I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It exhibits some acts of bravery, stands tall for a just course, and was professionally edited, as I only encountered a few errors that didn't affect my flow of reading the book.

I would love to recommend this book to patriots, diplomats, social and political organizations, government representatives, and those that have an interest in history, law, medicine, and humanitarian service because they will learn a lot from the author.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”