Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Olomofe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah originated from Aïn Beïda in Algeria and grew up, just like any other child, together with his other siblings. And he had experienced domestic harmony at the hands of his mother. While growing up, he experienced many memorable times—academic, political, marital, and religious successes.

He had also faced challenges that had taken him through the test of fire before his golden years of a successful life as a scholar, certified scientist, political diplomat, and a man of religious tolerance and love conquest.

A Dream For Peace is a memoir written by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah to recount all that the author has been through in life—starting from his childhood days to the various facets of life he had explored and the successes he brought about in academic, political, relational, and religious areas of his life.

The book shows lots of details about Dr. Ghoulem, starting with brief friendly and appreciative remarks from friends, such as the remark from H. E. Monsignor Justo Mullor García. The remarks are the summary and evidence of the author's exceptional life that is characterized by self-discipline, religious tolerance, and the life of understanding and impartiality he demonstrated towards people in his life.

The book continues with the author's narration about his life according to the different facets of life he had been through. For example, in his political involvement, he worked with président Houphouët-Boigny of Côte, serving the African continent. During this time, he was able to bring about peace between Israel and Palestine with the use of dialogue. Also, in his academic and professional involvement, he had worked hand-in-hand with academicians to work on scientific publications. He was the first scientist to make a hypothesis on the now-discovered Reverse Transcriptase Enzyme.

I love to read about the messianic attributes of Dr. Ghoulem. He practicalizes absolute religious tolerance, which makes me ask if it's possible to find someone like him again in Africa. Despite his family being Muslim, he was able to overcome the arising crises and obstacles set by religious differences as he tried to marry Titi, a woman who hails from a Christian home.

Another sign of his religious tolerance is exemplified when Dr. Ghoulem initiated the move to collect funds and build a church and a mosque to operate at the same time and share proximity without interference.

There is nothing I could dislike in this book. I considered this book to have a positive impact on the way readers would begin to see certain life concerns after reading it, such as the marital and religious concerns of life. There would be less tension and more tolerance. Also, the book has been expertly edited, as I could not spot a grammar error in it. All in all, the book earns a rating of 4 out of 4 stars from me.

If you love to read memoirs and gain insights into the life of others, especially success stories, you will find this book worth your reading time. Also, as an African, you may want to know the areas of the continent where the author has influenced; you may try to read the book.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Dream for peace is the most captivating novel I have ever read. The book thought me so many methods of finding peace in times of trouble. Great review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Dr.Ghoulem is a blessing to Africa. I find it good that he was able to write this book before his death. I hope African leaders do the needful as he advised. Wonderful review Welldone
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

Dream for peace in a very interesting book I have read for a while now.nice review
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

A well documented memoir by Dr Ghoulem, a man that believes so much in peace through tolerance in all facets of life. This is a wonderful book to learn from. Thanks for the great review.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

Oyedeji Funmilayo wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 06:49 Dr.Ghoulem is a blessing to Africa. I find it good that he was able to write this book before his death. I hope African leaders do the needful as he advised. Wonderful review Welldone
Yes! It is evident in his various life's involvements as included in the book. Thanks for the kind comment
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

This is a wonderful book. The life of Dr Berrah is a great example to political leaders, in fact, any leader around the world. I must say that Algeria and Ivory Cost have benefitted greatly from his service.
Caroline Elizabeth 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-elizabeth-1.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Caroline Elizabeth 1 »

This book was very interesting when I read it and I was also surprised to learn of his role in the Biafran war.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

Dr. Berrah fought racism even from a very young age. If everyone was like that the world would be peaceful and nice.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

Dream of Peace is an interesting memoir. I love how the author was Liberal and even married from another religion. His fight for peace and Freedom is astounding.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

A man who has a dream and works hard to achieve it is definitely a great man. There is a-lot to be learnt from this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”