Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okorji98
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Okorji98 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace is a memoir by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah. Berrah was born to Hamadi Berrah and Lalla Zebida in the Algerian city of Aïn Beïda, in the Constantine province, near the Aurès Mountains. Berrah lost his father while he was little. His mother, Lalla, together with his step-brother, Fodil, who served as the family's head, took on the responsibility of raising him and his siblings. He attended Collège de Batna while he was younger and then received his diploma from Lycée d'Aumale in Constantine. Berrah could travel abroad without a passport because France, at the time, had conquered Algeria. In Bordeaux, France, he followed a profession in medicine there.

Berrah has repeatedly faced prejudice and discrimination from the French as a child. The fact that the Algerians knew so little about their own culture and they were constantly being lectured about French history didn't help matters either. These and other factors served as Berrah's primary inspirations for advocating for peace. Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's life was not without trials and struggles, one of which was his time in prison, so it wasn't all roses for him. The world, as Dr. Ghoulem Berrah has perceived it, is depicted in A Dream For Peace. He takes us through his feelings, challenges, and victories.

Regarding memoirs, one thing I enjoy doing is reading up on the author. The great accomplishments of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah were a subtle encouragement to study this book. His entire body of work is quite admirable. His first accomplishment was founding the Association of North African Muslim Students in France (AEMNA). People from "Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Vietnam, Madagascar, and the sub-Saharan French colonies" were included in this association. He became Dr. Ghoulem Berrah due to his significant contributions to biological science through study. The author is also utterly obsessed with politics.

We got to see things from the author's point of view, which was one aspect of this book that I really enjoyed. His vivid narration on the outlook of historical events and how to contribute to societal harmony affords us the pleasure of virtual time travel. One of the many lessons I learned from this book is always to persevere, no matter the situation.

Nothing in this book displeased me. Most of the book was quite depressing. It's very astonishing how many difficulties he overcame in his lifetime. Dr. Ghoulem Berrah fought for both peace and anything deserving of praise. There were a few minor errors in the book. It didn't detract from my enjoyment of the book or the point the author was trying to make with it. It was professionally edited. Thus, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction and politics enthusiasts because it contains political activities as well as historical details.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chris Walter Mason
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-walter-mason.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Chris Walter Mason »

I'm currently reading this book. I must say I love how the author present his writing. The pages I have read so far has taught me a lot. I love your review. Great job.
Hannah Mae Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-mae-fabro.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Hannah Mae Fabro »

I have read the book, and I could agree with you that there's nothing to dislike in this book; it really deserves a complete rating. Your review is wonderful as well.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This book is on my list to read, and I look forward to finding out more about this remarkable man and his impact on the world. Thank you for your thorough review and recommendation.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

Ghoulem lived a very full and interesting life. He came a long way from the village boy he used to be. I appreciate this book as a contributor to discussions on world peace and an insightful look into a life well lived. I’m sure there’s immeasurable inspiration to glean from the author’s life.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah the author truly has a lot of accomplishments and I even like how he wrote about his experience in prison. Great review
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-rondon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Adrian Rondon Salazar »

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah was an admirable man; I really enjoyed his book. I was also fascinated by Félix Houphouët-Boigny. Good review.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

We got to see things from the author's point of view, which was one aspect of this book that I really enjoyed. His vivid narration on the outlook of historical events and how to contribute to societal harmony affords us the pleasure of virtual time travel. Great review.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Nothing in this book displeased me. Most of the book was quite depressing. It's very astonishing how many difficulties he overcame in his lifetime. Dr. Ghoulem Berrah fought for both peace and anything deserving of praise. Great character.
Prosper2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prosper2000.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Prosper2000 »

We got to see things from the author's point of view, which was one aspect of this book that I really enjoyed. His vivid narration on the outlook of historical events and how to contribute to societal harmony affords us the pleasure of virtual time travel. Great review.
Nwoko E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-e.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nwoko E »

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's life was not without trials and struggles, one of which was his time in prison, so it wasn't all roses for him. The world, as Dr. Ghoulem Berrah has perceived it, is depicted in A Dream For Peace. He takes us through his feelings, challenges, and victories. Great review.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's life was not without trials and struggles, one of which was his time in prison, so it wasn't all roses for him. The world, as Dr. Ghoulem Berrah has perceived it, is depicted in A Dream For Peace. He takes us through his feelings, challenges, and victories. Great strength of character.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's life was not without trials and struggles, one of which was his time in prison, so it wasn't all roses for him. The world, as Dr. Ghoulem Berrah has perceived it, is depicted in A Dream For Peace. He takes us through his feelings, challenges, and victories. Great strength of character.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”