Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nyambeki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyambeki.html
Latest Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Nyambeki »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In a Dream For Peace Dr Ghoulem Berrah wrote about his life and his experiences. The book begins when the good doctor was a young boy in the suburbs of a developing country in Africa. He went to a primary school and high school in Algeria. He lost many of his family members at a young age and his step-brother had to step in as a father figure to the family.

During the Algerian revolution, Dr Ghoulem Berrah joined the revolution with his peers. One time when he was arrested because of his involvement in the revolution, his uncles came for him. He later came to find out that his mother had passed away. He was very heartbroken because he had worked so hard to become a doctor so that his mother would be proud of him.

The book was an amazing read. I got very inspired by the life of the good doctor. I could relate to the book in so many ways. Furthermore, I liked the book because, in a way, he makes known the traditions and culture of his people and Africans at large in the world. He spoke of his traditions proudly. Like, for example, when he narrated the tradition of marriage and how a lady had to be a virgin. Both the groom and the bride cannot be with each other until the wedding night. On the night of the wedding, the ladies’ purity is put to the test. She has to be found to be a virgin. Anyone who is not a virgin brought shame to her family. While reading this part, I couldn’t help but wonder why it was only the women who had to be pure, yet both the man and the lady were involved in the ceremony.

I can’t quite point out any instance that I did not appreciate the book and its contents. I did not gather any negative thoughts about the book, and therefore I have nothing negative to say about this book. I did not spot any grammatical errors or any editorial mistakes in the book. This led me to believe that the book was well written and well edited.

I would like to rate this book as 4 out of 4 because I enjoyed reading it. I also learned a lot from this book. The pictures in the book made it very entertaining and easy to understand what the author was talking about. This book would be a great read for people who like reading about the lives of others. They would enjoy reading it, and they could even learn a thing or two that might help them in their lives. Any young African or anyone coming from a disadvantaged background would be inspired by the life of this doctor.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”