Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kieran Anslow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-anslow.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Kieran Anslow »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a non-fictional work that delves into the life and ordeals of the author. This is a memoir. It contains 644 pages, and it is divided into seventeen chapters. The first chapter of this book talks about Ghoulem's family. Ghoulem was born in Aï Beïda, northeastern Algeria. His father died when he was three years old, and it was during this time that he enrolled in school. His mother was a wise woman who made sure that he received the best form of education. After he completed his Cours Complèmentaire program, his uncle wanted him to delve into teaching, but his determination made him apply to Collège de Batna. After his high school education, he earned his baccalaureate from Lycée d'Aumale in Constantine. During his medical program at the University of Bordeaux, his mum died due to an illness. The second chapter of this book talks about the hardship he encountered after the student union decided to embark on a general strike. It also talks about his first love, Antoinette. He met her during an outstanding event in France. Due to their actions, they had to move stealthily to Pamplona, Spain. The book goes on to talk about the countless things he encountered. He did not finish his medical program, but he was steadfast in his patriotic acts for the independence of Algeria.

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a fascinating work that was written with a first-person narrative. This book is character-driven, and I admire the proper characterization. This book has a table of contents. The author did a good job of using simple and understandable words to describe the characters' actions, emotions, and environment. This book has a prologue, and it gives sufficient details of what the book entails.

One important thing I noticed while reading this book is that Ghoulem did not allow his religion and lifestyle to affect his relationship with people. I love the specific pictures that were used. The pictures helped me to flow well with Ghoulem's memoir. I learned about universalism, and I admire Ghoulem's patriotic attitude.

I enjoyed every aspect of this book. I did not notice any negative aspects while reading this book. I love the generosity of his friends, and I admire his commitment to duty. Ghoulem was a hardworking human, and it is necessary to know that he achieved a lot through diligence.

This book was well written. A Dream For Peace was exceptionally edited. I did not notice any grammatical or spelling errors while reading this book.

Constant discrimination and blatant racism are the two things that Ghoulem experienced during his lifetime. I learned a lot of lessons from this book, and I will readily recommend this book to lovers of memoirs. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars due to the few points mentioned above and because of the author's writing style.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”