Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Misael Carlos »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah takes us into the time when France annexes Algeria. Fierce and intelligent, his deep need for independence of Algeria from the French sees him join student unions in France. He seeks brotherhood with other international students who share similar beliefs in their quest for freedom. His actions draw the attention of the police force; he experiences imprisonment as he conducts covert and dangerous missions in other countries. He excels in many fields aside from actively and relentlessly pursuing the liberation of his country as a freedom fighter. His diplomatic missions get him to communicate with world leaders, and his work as an interpreter to presidents and foreign dignitaries provides an opportunity to further his cause. A Dream For Peace is a story of an ambassador’s journey as he strives to fulfill his life purpose. Armed with the strong desire to serve Africa, he seeks to help improve life conditions and achieve peace among all people.

There are so many things to like about this book. Berrah presented how politics was played in the past, allowing me to note its similarities and differences from the present time. He laid down the impact and importance of diplomatic missions in promoting peace and harmony among nations. The book divulged how one country’s choice would result in varied global implications. The inclusion of pictures lent more authenticity to his narrative. His travels around the world provided bits of information about countries; this is an invaluable source of reference for those studying international and global trade. His narrative took me to various countries; I could visualize government officials' interactions as if I was there with him. I relished the thought that I was reading nonfiction from an author who had lived through impactful periods in world history: wars, countries’ liberation, elections and assassinations of leaders. The book title was very apt: the author acted on his dream by inspiring peace and harmony not only among countries of Africa but also within the Algerian government.

Many issues are relatable in the book like envy and jealousy in the work environment, the importance of friendships and the various forms of relationships. It emphasized deep family values; I commend the author's love for his mother. There were many instances when I found myself nodding in agreement with many of his perspectives. His bravery, courage, patriotism and integrity as he fought for what he believed in were something worthy of emulation.

On the downside, I observed a few grammatical errors, like a missing verb and incorrect verb tense.

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is an engaging and informative read. The minimal grammatical errors led me to believe the novel was professionally edited, providing a smooth reading experience. Thus, I give it 4 out of 4 stars.

If you like reading personal memoirs, this is for you. This book will not appeal to agnostics and atheists due to topics of religion or faith. Moreover, people who are non-Muslims may be unable to agree or relate to many parts of the book due to specific discussions about the author’s religion.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I think that a belief in God and His direction are important for anyone seeking a lasting peace. Dr. Berrah has had to endure many things but he never gave up. I admire his tenacity.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”