Review of The Altitude Journals

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
George Myles
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-myles.html
Latest Review: ABM is B2B. by Sangram Vajre

Review of The Altitude Journals

Post by George Myles »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Altitude Journals" by David J Mauro.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro is a nonfiction book that is written in the first person. The narrator first starts by talking about his childhood, which was sad since he didn't get the chance to grow up in a stable family because his father left and started his new life elsewhere and never even left any child support. So, when he grew up and was finally married, time reached, and he also left his wife when things weren't working out between them. It was at this time that he decided to go and climb the different mountains.

The time he started climbing the mountains he faced a lot of criticism from different people who were wondering what he is doing. During this time of climbing different mountains it wasn't an easy ride as he also faced both physical and emotional challenges but ultimately, he got to learn some things. This reminds me of our day-to-day lives where we start to do something and many people are questioning us or when they are against us.

One of the things I love about this book is that the author encourages us to be courageous. He encourages us to try something out of the ordinary: we are encouraged to get out of our comfort zone and do something daring. For example, like how our main character Dave decides to climb mountains even when he knew that it will not be a simple journey.

I didn't find anything that I didn't like about this book since it talks about some of the things that we go through in life, for example hardships while growing up, tough decisions to make from time to time and also having to face our fears. Basically, I loved this book and if I had enough power in this world, I would surely make sure that everyone gets a copy and this is because we need to encourage many people in this world to always keep trying until we make it to wherever we want to be or whoever we would like to be.

This book is professionally edited and personally, I didn't notice any errors while I was reading it. Therefore, I would like to give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 and I would like to recommend all those who love to explore, travel, and try out new things to read this book because it's just what they need.

The Altitude Journals
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”