Review of Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by ellimctreph »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks, written by Morton E. Tavel, MD, is a non-fiction piece that discusses health in three parts. The first part is focused on giving advice about human health. It talks about the best practices and methods for achieving peak physical health. The second part delves into common misconceptions about medicine, its operations, and its effects on us. The last part reveals the scams and lies of immoral companies and so-called authorities on medicine.
This book is an interesting read. It touches on topics that the average person already knows, like eating fruit and cutting down on junk food, but what I really like about this book is how it goes a step further. I love how Tavel explains why he recommends certain practices and why to avoid others. Another great thing about this book is that it discusses a wide range of topics. It packs a wealth of knowledge on a lot of different topics, sites a lot of references to support its points, and has something to say about what feels like every health-related situation. From large cooperate scams to stretching before exercise, this book left me feeling more knowledgeable about a variety of topics I wasn't even aware I was ignorant about.
There is a lot of information about what is actually happening in our bodies when we ingest certain items. The chemical reactions that could lead to the various health goals we have, like losing weight. A topic that I found particularly interesting was that of detoxifying the body and how the kidney is capable of doing a better job than any "purifying substance" that we take. Drugs are a major aspect of this book. It mentions the kinds we want to avoid and the ones that are a lot more beneficial. It shows the different ways of treating the same type of ailment, a lot of which I had never heard of before.
I had my doubts about some of the things mentioned, but the author of the book is an accomplished physician, and I trust his judgement.
This book was exceptionally well edited. I give it a 4 out of 4 stars. It successfully conveys the information it sets out to in a clear, concise, and entertaining manner. Also, just the sheer amount of knowledge it contains makes it useful in any situation you might be dealing with. I recommend this to anyone interested in looking after their health.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
IniOluwa N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inioluwa-n.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by IniOluwa N »

One would be surprised at how much one is ignorant of. I love that this book is coming from a seasoned health professional. Thus, it will be hard to doubt some of the things he has documented. I love how he made clarifications on various misconceptions that we have been carrying all this while. Welldone with the review. Love it.
Stephen Ogunwale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeyemi-stephen.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Stephen Ogunwale »

Your review is a masterpiece as it has succeeded in making me decide to add this piece to my bookshelf to be read as soon as possible. Good job.
Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaerys. 🦅⚓🖤

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”