Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mukuva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mukuva.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Mukuva »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's a dream for peace is an inspiring memoir of a man who has lived a full, eventful, and impactful life. Dr. Ghoulem, born in a small town in northeastern Algeria known as Aïn Beïda, was a religious man and gifted diplomat. He achieved a great deal during his lifetime, earning himself various titles, i.e., doctor, ambassador, diplomat, activist, and pacifist. Having lost his father and brothers, Ghoulem is raised by his mother, who he speaks highly of. When he moves away to France after receiving a scholarship for his further studies, he joins forces with other students from various parts of Africa, and together they start a fight against racism.

He furthers along and fights for Africa at large. He goes on to pursue his dream by advocating for peace between Israel and Palestine, taking part in the Algerian revolution, and working as an advisor for President Felix Houphouët-Boigny in Côte d'Ivoire.

The book is quite long, with a detailed history of events that spiraled through during the colonization period. The author discusses his history and that of his country with depth and precision. It is a well-organized chronological book that is easy to follow. It is a story of a man who fights for world peace by risking his life and facing challenges along the way, including being arrested.

I enjoyed this book as it covered a lot more besides politics. Ghoulem not only focuses on achieving world peace but also takes us through his journey in religion. Despite being a devout Muslim, he believed that all religions should have a common ground, and therefore he felt respect should exist among all different religions. Consequently, he takes us to the Vatican, Mecca, and Jerusalem. The book also features his love story, having married three times and fighting for the love of his life despite the opposition he faced.

I, therefore, rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There is nothing I did not like about it. There are images included that add to the detailed narrative. It is also well edited with no errors found. It is an inspiring read of a man who fights for not only peace and religious integration but also a man who reaches political heights and even unearths groundbreaking research in his medical field.

I recommend this book to all those who love to look into history. It captures a history of events and takes us through what Africans went through during colonization. It is also an excellent read for those interested in am an inspiring story of a prominent leader or those interested in diplomacy and politics.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”