Review of Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blucabana
Currently Reading: The girl that loved carravalagio
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blucabana.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Review of Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Blucabana »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health is wealth. I am an adherent of this idea. Hence, I was ecstatic when I decided to review Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks, written by Morton E. Tavel. This book is divided into three sections. The first section discusses health tips, the second section discusses health myths, and the last section is about health tricks. This book covers a wide range of health topics, such as weight loss, pain killers, genetically modified foods, radiation of foods, nasal allergies, sleep, heartburn, and back pain. Morton lectures his audience on the proper diet that will guarantee good health. Some of the foods he recommends include green tea, potatoes, and peas. He enlightens his audience on the health benefits of eating well in the morning. Morton stipulates various foods that are harmful to health. Such foods include sodium, baked foods, fried foods, snacks, chicken pot pie, and tortillas.

The author debunks many myths that are prevalent in the health sector, such as the claim that gluten-free diets and genetically modified foods are healthy. Morton exposes the health tricks used to deceive people. An example of such health tricks is utilizing celebrities and athletes to advertise ineffective health products.

What I like most about this book is the audacity of the author. Morton exposes the tricks and myths in the health sector. He mentions specific brands, authorities, media personalities, and professionals who are guilty of misleading the public. For example, he accuses the television show known as the Dr. Oz Show of publicising health information that is harmful to the public. We need people like Morton to expose the ills in society and protect unsuspecting members of the public.

This book is a treatise on a wide range of health topics. Morton executes this exposition with a writing technique that makes it easy for an ordinary person to understand the concepts in the book. He explains the pathogenesis of heartburn clearly, such that everyone will understand it. I have a keen interest in health-related topics. I researched all the facts stipulated by Morton in this book. I found all of them to be true and accurate. As I read this book, I observed some errors. Despite the errors, it is my opinion that this book is professionally edited.

The only characteristic of this book that I did not like is the grammatical errors that I found. However, this book is a great treatise on good health. It is a very relevant and helpful book for the average man. The grammatical errors did not spoil my enjoyment of the book. Consequently, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this treatise to health professionals all over the world. The information contained in this book will help you become a better health care provider. I encourage anybody that wants to take good care of their health and the health of their loved ones to read this book.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”