Review of Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amen3690
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amen3690.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Review of Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In

Post by Amen3690 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In" by Harold Toliver.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe in is a non-fiction book written by Harold Toliver. This book is a rotundity facet of myths and illusions; how we, or more precisely the author, perceive, pacify, and simulate it. "The myths obstruct our perspective of a reality far older, larger, and more formidable than any of the myths," he writes. The first half of the book uses the 'natural continuum' to figure out what is real, hypothetical, and completely false, as well as why individuals believe in collective delusion. The second half focuses on modernism and postmodernism, militant rhetoric, war gods, and commonwealth myths—groupthink on steroids.

"The goal we should fight toward is the dismantling of destructive commonwealth myths and blind faith partisanship," he says, giving only a taste of his problematic beliefs on illusions. This work is a blend of philosophy, natural history, cosmology, literature, and science, ranging from the Macrocosm and Microcosm of Modernism to Verbal buildup syntax and semantics, and from Essentialism to Imperialism.

Countless theories, hypotheses, references, arguments, and evidences are used to thoroughly examine, modify, and analyze each part. "We haven't truly wrecked much of anything yet, except areas on the planet's outer rim that a declining number of species and our own progeny will inherit," I say, fascinated by the concepts of our maturation process and our unpredictable behaviors. "Adding ape and quadruped heritage still wouldn't get somebody across a whole galaxy supercluster," says one researcher.

I had no issue reading the book because it was written in plain English and flowed so beautifully. The book is well-written and easy to comprehend. I dislike the book's cover since it appears to be unprofessionally designed and uninteresting. The book's title is unmistakably related to the book's theme. The novel appeals to me because it is energizing, sophisticated, and honest, and it is unique. Because of the subtlety of tough word choice, I found this to be a difficult read for me.

I rate Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe in by Harold Toliver four out of four stars. This is a sophisticated, yet engaging work that will metaphorically shatter your reality and equip you with the skills of dynamic thinking in order to extend your horizon. It received a four-star rating from me since it was well-written and edited. I'll recommend this book to everyone because it's jam-packed with useful information. This is neither a light-hearted or light-hearted book. There is no profanity in it. The book is flawless, and there is nothing that could be done to better it. I highly recommend this book to self-help aficionados.

Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”