Review by Naomi Keeling -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Naomi Keeling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naomi-keeling.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by Naomi Keeling -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Naomi Keeling »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mindset is a memoir of Ace Bowers' transformation from a janitor on minimum wage to a millionaire. In this rags to riches journey, Ace describes his traumatic childhood. He had alcoholic parents, a jailbird brother and, a sister who was his protector. Ace meticulously uses this book to emphasize how social classes are still prominent in our society. Above all, people judge harshly based on income and how wealthy a person appears to be. Throwing these preconceived notions from his head, Ace changed his entire mindset and turned his life around.

The Mindset is non-fiction best suited for adults. It is a great read for those looking how to break their monotonous routine for a career they enjoy. However, this is not a book for those looking for a quick million dollars. It is also a good read for those browsing the non-fiction shelves searching for a thought-provoking read.

The first couple of chapters deal extensively with Ace's childhood and how this shaped his entire person and outlook on the world. His parents married young and were awful at saving money and managing it effectively. As a result, his family lived from paycheck to paycheck. This lifestyle allows the reader to understand that social class is an important and deciding factor for people. Using Ace's childhood, it is easy to understand that children can be severely affected by the wealth their parents have or don't have. In that children often compare themselves to other children. Especially if they have very little and their friends have the latest phones and cars. Further, these children can be judged by peers as they don't fit into their social norms. It is a problem in today's society as it extends into adulthood. It can also become a cycle. In Ace's case, his parents were poor and couldn't afford college. So Ace didn't go to college, like his parents, and could only get a low paid job. The book shows how to break this idea but also educates the reader on social issues they may not have known existed.

The structure of the book follows childhood, the impacts, the turning point and how that dedication took Ace to millionaire status. This book is not a get rich quick solution. Instead, it is an example of how a change in mindset can change your future. A new outlook on life and hard work can propel you to success. It is not a recipe everyone can follow to get the same result. Rather it is an inspiration to make better choices and seize opportunities. It is through these decisions that people escape their repetitive and mundane work life.

Grammar and punctuation through the book are to a high standard and professionally edited. The structure of the book flows well, and the writing style is captivating. The information scattered in the pages is fascinating and gives food for thought. The idea that anyone can become as successful as Ace, if only they put their mind to it, is truly astounding.

What I liked most about this book is the message that anyone can become successful if you simply put your mind to it. I also liked that Ace outlined his childhood and explained how it helped him to become the successful person he is today. Through this, the reader understands how such a transformation is possible. I can't give a weakness because I think the book is well put together and very interesting.

On that note, I rate this book a 4 out of 4 because it is an intriguing book that makes the reader think and look at themselves. It also holds a lot of positive messages that give hope to those struggling in their own situations. I've also rated this book highly because it is well-edited to a professional level and reads very well.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”