Official Review: How I Manifested A Successful Reality

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Official Review: How I Manifested A Successful Reality

Post by Monet_va »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How I Manifested A Successful Reality" by Coach B Royalte.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How I Manifested a Successful Reality by Coach B Royalte is a compelling autobiography of the years the author spent involved with gangs and drugs in Chicago, and how he forced himself out of that world and into one of success.

The story takes place over about a decade of the author’s life and begins where he first joins one of the local gangs and starts to deal drugs, to support his family and young daughter. Evading law enforcement and working through the politics of street gangs, the author creates success from this life. However, he inevitably gets caught and spends time in and out of prison and gets mixed up with shady crowds. Through his story, we learn how he eventually understands that he has to strive to do something more with his life and get out of the world of crime.

This book was written in such an easy way to follow and understand. Often, I found myself feeling like the author was sitting beside me and telling his story. His words get straight to the point and this has resulted in the book being on the shorter side, but also the perfect length for this kind of story. One could easily pick this book up and read it in one sitting – which I love.

The author’s story is not an easy one, and through all his hardships, one feels motivated when reading this book. If he could manage to find a way out of that world, and still become successful, then anyone can. I would highly recommend this book to anyone involved with or who knows someone involved with crime and gangs. Besides them, this book would be enjoyable for anyone who likes reading short biographies and gaining perspective into other people’s lives.

I found some spelling mistakes in the book, where it seems that letters are missing from words. I’m unsure whether this is a mistake on the author’s part or an error with the format of the book. Besides this, the grammar in the book was good and I only found one or two small mistakes.

As I really enjoyed this story and found it highly motivating, I am rating it 3 out of 4 stars. Unfortunately, I cannot give it a higher rating due to the mistakes I found, but if these were corrected then this book would definitely earn a higher rating as there was no part of this book that I did not enjoy.

How I Manifested A Successful Reality
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rachel Lea
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-lea.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rachel Lea »

I enjoy true-life stories where people overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles and achieve success. Thanks for your review!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one." -- George R.R. Martin :techie-studyingbrown:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Even with the errors, I really am intrigued by how the author was able to get out of the life of crime. That's not easy to do. Good for him! It sounds like this would be inspirational. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Helene_2008
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helene-2008.html
Latest Review: Like A Mousetrap by Brandon Ellrich

Post by Helene_2008 »

I'm happy to hear the author was able to turn his life around. Getting away from drugs and crime is not an easy thing to do. I hope his story can inspire others as well.
Meg98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg98.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Meg98 »

This sounds like a unique story, and I like the fact that it is easy to read. Thanks for this great review! Cheers:)
Oh love, never be afraid to fly :wink2:
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

It is a story about the struggles of a person from black to white. Clearly, it is inspirational and easy to read. Thanks for the review!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”