Review by Don Pwai -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Review by Don Pwai -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Don Pwai »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Leadership comes with a lot of expectations and responsibilities. The greater a person ascends the leadership ladder; the more expectations are shouldered on such a person. A leader thus must find ways to thrive, perform and keep the organization aiming high in the midst of the expectations. The novel Empowered by Dominica Lumazar is an inspirational novel about leadership and success. The author discusses various ways through which leaders could increase their organizations productivity and significance in the market. She highlights effective leadership skills of increasing the company' productivity including branding, leadership values, knowing the organizational history, effective marketing strategies and means of customer retention. The leader must strive to impart a business culture he desires for his organization to his employees. The author asserts that these methods when effectively utilized would transform the organizations fortunes.

I loved the authors use of her past experiences to pass information to her readers in this novel. The author uses her experiences and mistakes in life to pass information to the readers and to enable them make informed decisions. She does not want the readers to make the same mistakes that she made. Such was lovely. It portrays a picture of an author that is concerned about her readers. The author's experiences were a value addition in this novel. For instance, her resilience following her involvement in the accident was encouraging. It is during her down moments that she rediscovers her strength and life purpose. That inspires readers to always remain positive about life.

Secondly, I loved the themes discussed by the author in this novel. The author discusses themes like means of effective branding, creating a separation between work life and family life and embracing technology in organizational operations amongst others. These are themes that persons in the business world and prospective business persons can identify with. The author describes these themes in a simple manner hence clearly brought the message home. These themes reflect the reality in the society. For instance, we live in a society where leaders are grappling to balance time between family life, social life and work life. The author provides some insightful means for employers to balance their time between work life and social life. For instance, she says that employees must remember that when they are at home, they are at home and should not take their work at home. Pending work in the office should be carried to the next day. That way employers will not have to overwork themselves to the extent of losing their social life. This method and others in the novel though simple were excellent and may go a long way in helping people create a balance between their social life and work life.

I also loved the styles used by the author in the course of her writing especially the rhetorical questions at the end of each chapter. The author uses thought provoking questions at the end of each chapter. The questions are posted immediately after each chapter's discussion. Such helped to memorize the content already discussed in the chapters as well as challenging the readers to think about other means of promoting business growth and success. It shows that the means employed by the author in this novel to promote business success are not exhaustive and readers must think beyond the book for other business solutions. Such was excellent.

There was nothing wrong in this novel. Its content is amazing, compelling and portrays the reality in the business world. It is as a result of these aspects that I rate this book at 4 out 4 stars. Moreover, the author maintains a positive tone throughout the entire narration and I believed that was a good source of inspiration for the readers. I highly recommend this book to all business persons looking to make an extra income on their business and all prospective business persons. The book is well packed with leadership and business ideas. On, the other hand I wouldn't advise anybody against reading this novel, it contains positive vibes that I believe can be useful in other fields in addition to the business arena. The book is exceptionally well edited.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”