Review by alalli10 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
alalli10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alalli10.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Review by alalli10 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by alalli10 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Coming from a Christian household, I was instantly intrigued by the picture of the red fruit on the cover of Who Told You That You Were Naked?, which symbolizes both the deceptiveness and beauty of sin. This book, written by William Combs, was exceptional and one that I will definitely re-read in the future.

Complete with discussion questions and Biblical passages, Combs effectively portrays a new perspective on the story of creation. Almost, or nearly everyone, has heard of Adam and Eve, even those who have never read the Bible or stepped foot in a church. It is a story that is all-too familiar and brutally reveals how temptation can harm even the most innocent of souls. In the Garden of Eden, the Lord placed Adam and instructed him to eat anything he desired, except the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Seeing that Adam is lonely and in need of a companion, God creates Eve, a beautiful and lively woman. Nevertheless, Eve is lured by Lucifer, in the form of a serpent, to eat the fruit from the forbidden tree. Adam follows suit.

This story has always fascinated me. It goes back to the age-old question of how good people do bad things. The answer is temptation. We all want more than what we have, and it is this incessant fight that transforms even the best of people to do things they would otherwise dare not do.

Following the story of Adam and Eve, Combs offers new insight into Jesus Christ, the savior and son of God. Being polar opposite from Adam, Jesus reveals the beauty of love and following God's teachings. Being a Christian, I loved how Combs was able to show us the relationship between Adam's sin and God's love.

What an amazing read! My favorite addition to the book were the passages that Combs incorporated directly from the Bible. They added a lot to the story and made the read very enjoyable and thoughtful. I have nothing bad to say about this book, and I loved every part of it. I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars.

Being a Christian, I wholeheartedly recommend that every Christian read this book! Although the stories are familiar, the insight and the in-depth knowledge that Combs adds make this an enjoyable and wonderful read, to say the least.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Erin Painter Baker
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Luke and Luka: Genius Kid Heroes by A.D. Largie

Post by Erin Painter Baker »

I think it's great that this book was able to add insight into a story you thought you knew.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”