Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Official Review: Old Farmer's Road by Isaiyan Morrison

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.

Official Review: Old Farmer's Road by Isaiyan Morrison

Post Number:#1 by literarycat
» 29 Mar 2016, 16:29

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Old Farmer's Road" by Isaiyan Morrison.]

Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Review by literarycat
Share This Review

Old Farmer's Roadby Isaiyan Morrison is a science fiction/fantasy novel with horror and the occult mixed in to the story. Fans of these genres would fall in love with this story.

Old Farmer's Road has been the center of several mysterious deaths for centuries. No one knows of the true horrors that reside in that swampy area except for two teenagers: Isaac and Elsie. They quickly befriend Cecilia shortly after she moves from California to Minneapolis. The conduct a ritual that turns Cecilia into the same rare creature they are, an Impa. Each day Cecilia is plagued with a voice asking for "just one more," and a hunger that can only be quenched by the flesh and essence of humans. Soon the voice and the hunger become more than she can bear, and Cecilia tries to find another way to save herself as well as the unwilling victims of Isaac and Elsie. Meanwhile Jan and Derek are investigating the murders since Derek brother became one of the victims. Little do they know the truth that is lurking in the swamp. There is some truth to the old legends revolving around Old Farmer's Road, but is there a way to eliminate an ancient evil with a grudge against the town?

This book was difficult to put down, I would lay awake trying to finish the book, or spend all night reading telling myself "just one more page." The book draws readers into the story straight from the start and holds the reader's attention until the very end. There were points in this book that were down right terrifying as Morrison describes the Impa and their feeding habits. I thought thought the folklore around the Old Farmer's Road was interesting and a great use of how small towns hold on to things. The story is completely unpredictable and the ending will blow you away and haunt your nightmares.

Morrison's writing radiates off the pages and drags readers into his story. He creates a tale that burns itself into your mind and remains there until you discover something else that takes its place. The characters begin being complex and only get more complex as they story progresses. Morrison creates characters that go beyond their traditional roles, they become people you feel are lurking outside your windows or doors. He is a master at creating a tale that is equally interesting and terrifying.

I completely fell in love with this story and actually read the book twice. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading science fiction, fantasy, horror and books about the occult. I would give Old Farmer's Road by Isaiyan Morrison a rating of a 4 out of 4. This is a simply amazing book.

Old Farmer's Road
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like literarycat's review? Post a comment saying so!
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
literarycat's Latest Review: "RedDress Two Wives" by RA Winter
literarycat

Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2316 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Official Review: Old Farmer's Road by Isaiyan Morrison

Post Number:#2 by isaiyan
» 21 Apr 2016, 10:04

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my novel. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
isaiyan

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 224 books
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite

Post Number:#3 by Swiftmover07
» 22 Apr 2016, 16:19

nice review! Congrats to the Author as well
Goodnight sweet prince, may flights of devils wing you to your rest. - Anne Rice
Swiftmover07's Latest Review: "Shifter's Hope" by Laura Hawks
Swiftmover07

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 4%

Post Number:#4 by literarycat
» 23 Apr 2016, 16:59

isaiyan wrote:Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my novel. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Oh it was fantastic, I couldn't put it down, I hope to see more :)
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
literarycat's Latest Review: "RedDress Two Wives" by RA Winter
literarycat

Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2316 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:

Post Number:#5 by kimmyschemy06
» 27 Apr 2016, 09:17

Sounds like a very interesting book, and creepy :) I think I'm going to like it. Congratulations to Isaiyan Morrison on such an obviously well written book. Great job on the review.
kimmyschemy06

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 84%

Post Number:#6 by Shelle
» 27 Apr 2016, 12:37

Great review! This sounds like a real page turner, although with the horror element, I'm not sure I could stay up all night reading without getting scared myself : )
A book is a gift you can open again and again.
-Garrison Keillor
Shelle's Latest Review: ""Absolutley"" by William Emdee
Shelle

Currently Reading: For the Love
Bookshelf Size: 50 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 24%

Post Number:#7 by Amheiser
» 20 May 2016, 22:40

This sounds like an intense, exciting story. I like page-turners, and with well-developed characters, this seems like it would be a very interesting read. Your enthusiasm for the book shows in your informative review. I think this is a book that I would like to read. Congratulations to the author for what sounds like a really good story. Great review!
Amheiser

Currently Reading: Freedom
Bookshelf Size: 24 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#8 by Valerie
» 06 Jun 2016, 23:02

I like the review and the novel, and I've copied this great review into my file. Thanks to literarycat, and I'll put Mr.Morrison's works on my list when I am in bookstore.
Valerie

Bookshelf Size: 0 books