Review of Demon Freaks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dennis Muthoka 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennis-muthoka-1.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Review of Demon Freaks

Post by Dennis Muthoka 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Demon Freaks" by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Demon Freaks by J. R. R. R. (Jim) Hardison is a YA horror comedy that centers around the twins; Bing and Ron Slaughter. As the book starts, the twins are on the verge of expulsion from school after they had apparently bullied their history teacher by a song their band had performed during their school's High Fall Dance. With an SAT examination on the way, they decide to spend the night at their friend's place studying. Events during the night take an unexpected turn when their history teacher appears in the woods, a dagger in his hand as he tries to kill them. Events continue unfolding as the dagger possesses their friend Meat and takes control over him. Later in the night, Meat and Kaitlyn who is also a member of their band are kidnapped by a group of golfers who intend on sacrificing them in order to summon a demon. The twins dive into a world of psychic and supernatural entities to save their friends. The book takes us through the night's events as the boy's learn truths about their family and save their friends.

I like the flow and storyline of the book. The events in the book are arranged in good chronological order giving the reader ease of following up. The book is exciting and fascinating to read coupled with the supernatural entities and events that occur throughout the book. I like the twin's courage to deal with matters and their improvisation in the wake of saving their friends. I like the friend's unity when they all decide to take the offer to join the ODD to solve more issues like these instead of getting their memories wiped. I like how humor is depicted in the book.

The book is interesting and fascinating to read. I don't think there is any negative point to it.

The book sets the reader on an epic ride to unveil how the events occur. The supernatural events and entities in it reel the reader in and keep him/her on the loop throughout the book. I found a few grammatical errors in the book. I will give it a four out of four stars rating considering its exceptional editing.

The book is filled with thrill as events unfold. As it ends, it leaves the reader in suspense after the disappearance of the dagger and the twin's history teacher. It leaves the reader in want of more of the book. I would recommend it to anyone who loves thrill or is into horror genre.

Demon Freaks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”